Mk2 Arosa Passenger door central locking fault

alanjonesbath

The Arosa has developed a fault over the last week or so. With both doors shut, as soon as the doors are locked via the central locking (either using the interior central locking button next to the light switches, or just with the key), the passenger door locks and then immediately unlocks again. The only way to lock the passenger door for now is to open it and press the button down and shut the door, after using the central locking to lock the rest of the car.

Unlocking works fine using the central locking, no problem at all.

Any suggestions as to what this could be? And, more importantly, how to fix it!

Thanks

Edited by alanjonesbath

OK, don't really need a reply now, as the wife bumped the car this morning :( Not a huge amount of damage, but I suspect it may still end up being a write off. Anyway, because of that I swapped the aftermarket stereo out and replaced it with the OEM radio cassette unit and CD player unit, and the locking appears to be working again! Strange, as we fitted the radio about 6 months ago, and it's worked fine until now, so I'm just wondering if it's coincidence?

Check the wiring inside the door at the front where it exits the door & then goes through to the car itself.

Sometimes the tape that holds the loom in position in the door slackens or gives up the ghost which means the door loom then gets rubbed or eventually cut by the window moving up & down. If this happens to the right cable in the loom it will cause the central locking to misbehave like you've described. Had the same problem myself & it droves me nuts for weeks!