Lupo 3L becomes electric car

Paul

Thanks for posting this

Its interesting as a project but there still going to get serious range anxiety. Yes the car is light to start with but its still not going to get you a huge range. electric cars will never take off until

we get a hybrid type battery that has the characteristics of a super capacitor and can holding a huge amount of juice in a very lightweight package.

There is also the question that is never asked much where does the power come form in the first place. Its not really that green it just out of sight out of mind.

Personally i think the 1.2tdi is the genius part of the 3L

It's all about a Lupo 3L that has been converted to an electric car. Wonder what they did with that 1.2 turbo diesel engine?

Most probaly straight back in once they realised it was SH ! T idea..

TBH, I think that having some method of generating power on board is going to be the way forward. Unless there's a breakthrough in battery technology, the limited range of a purely electric car is always going to turn people away from them. Well, that and the cost. I'd be an ideal candidate for driving a leccy vehicle with work, rarely getting out of a 35sq mile area, and not usually doing more than 30 miles a day, but there's no way i would stump up the money for an electric car of any sort just for a works vehicle.

TBH, I think that having some method of generating power on board is going to be the way forward. Unless there's a breakthrough in battery technology, the limited range of a purely electric car is always going to turn people away from them. Well, that and the cost. I'd be an ideal candidate for driving a leccy vehicle with work, rarely getting out of a 35sq mile area, and not usually doing more than 30 miles a day, but there's no way i would stump up the money for an electric car of any sort just for a works vehicle.

I feel the same, good idea and I too would be an ideal user day to day. Sadly the premium which is effectively the purchase of five years petrol up front make current electric cars a load of twaddle.

Renault Twizy for sad commuters would do it. £6000 apparently and if you're used to a maxi scooter, a possible winner.