Hello MPG :)

Dean Robinson

Last weekend i went from leicester to skegness with my friends, filled my tank £36 from empty to totally full. managed to get 360 miles out of it. was well impressed!!!

Car - Seat arosa 1.4 tdi - remapped

im geting like 55mpg, and with todays fuel prices its all about mpg not bhp ;) hahaha

What do you lot get??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12mpg from a tank is the best so far, average for last year was 26.1 not bad for a 343bhp high rpm petrol

That average is quite good to be fair, considering something like a Focus ST/RX8 will barely scrape 25mpg

I can squeeze 49 quid in my tank and its only a lupo sport :S. Petrol was 136.9 p/l but i was really going for it. On that I can get about 360 miles.

About 46 to the gallon

Edited by Brammo

I can squeeze 49 quid in my tank and its only a lupo sport :S. Petrol was 136.9 p/l but i was really going for it. On that I can get about 360 miles.

About 46 to the gallon

I've never heard of anyone getting a figure like that from a Lupo Sport?

Which figure? The MPG or the amount in the tank. BTW every single one of them miles was on the motorway :).

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/car-specifications/Volkswagen/Lupo+%281999-06%29/16246/

Wisbuyers says the max is 54.3 I don't think that could ever be achievable surely.

Edited by Brammo

Which figure? The MPG or the amount in the tank. BTW every single one of them miles was on the motorway :).

http://www.wisebuyer...99-06%29/16246/

Wisbuyers says the max is 54.3 I don't think that could ever be achievable surely.

Fair enough, I think the best I've ever seen out of my GTI is about 47mpg, but I've never driven it in extreme eco-mode to be honest. I don't think I'd get any more than about 50mpg though even if I did drive it for economy. I'm quite happy with the 40mpg that I have averaged since I bought the car :)

Last weekend i went from leicester to skegness with my friends, filled my tank £36 from empty to totally full. managed to get 360 miles out of it. was well impressed!!!

Car - Seat arosa 1.4 tdi - remapped

im geting like 55mpg, and with todays fuel prices its all about mpg not bhp ;) hahaha

What do you lot get??

That's abysmal for a 1.4TDI arosa...

My bora: 192bhp, 367lb/ft of Torque and 1730kg in weight

1a690f4b.jpg

£69.00 to fill the tank, 681 miles of quite spirited driving around Ireland! :)

When I had my lupo TDI I managed 585 miles on a full tank too!

I drive like a tw.. and my tdi lupo does 49mpg around 265m from full to light on thats 190miles on the motorway at 95,and 75miles shop runs etc and no matter how bad i drive i cant get worse than 49mpg.

That's abysmal for a 1.4TDI arosa...

My bora: 192bhp, 367lb/ft of Torque and 1730kg in weight

1a690f4b.jpg

£69.00 to fill the tank, 681 miles of quite spirited driving around Ireland! :)

When I had my lupo TDI I managed 585 miles on a full tank too!

theres no way a borat weighs 1730kg?

around 1500kg id have thought!

book figure is 1486 kg

I managed to get 255 miles out of half a tank in my Arosa Sport with 115bhp last weekend.

Went up North for my pass plus, really shocked it averaged 60mpg even with stretches of 100mph over taking people :D

Edited by Mark230

worrying about mpg is for people who talk through their nose, quote chassis numbers and talk about 'good value' when buying their new family hatchback.

i tried buying a derv recently, i just can't bring myself to drive it, and it's ruining our driveway style, me and my dad have 4 cars, between them they have 30 cylinders and 17.5 litres... :lol:

worrying about mpg is for people who talk through their nose, quote chassis numbers and talk about 'good value' when buying their new family hatchback.

i tried buying a derv recently, i just can't bring myself to drive it, and it's ruining our driveway style, me and my dad have 4 cars, between them they have 30 cylinders and 17.5 litres... :lol:

Lmao at 'people who talk through their nose'. :lol:

I completely agree with you on the Diesel front, we test drove lots of diesels recently and they're just not the same.

hahaha nooooo not worried mate..... proud ;)

Take the step towards Tdi you will not regret it!!