Boy'dup and Lublupo's lupo's

LubLupo

A few of you know Chris and his car, and I met a few of you at edition (Emma) and I am now in ownership of a lupo sport. I'm planning to keep it OEM+ wherever possible, a set of wheels is on the cards first when I find the right set.

(Lublupo's lupo)

DSCF0418.jpg

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

Chris has had nothing but problems with his lupo but he's battling it out, replacing part after part. It's currently his builders van so its getting a bit tired, everythings being replaced/refurbed where possible.

lupotrial.jpg

And after some moderate offroading; 2 cracked springs and leaking shocks meant chris finally bought and fitted some coilovers.

DSCF0414.jpg

DSCF0427-1.jpg

Will go down more shortly after MOT and when he's fitted his polybushes and sump guard. Oh and he's refurbishing his orange P slots, now he's got centres as well. And theres still an arosa tailgate in the shed

That blue loop used to be on orange p slots didnt it, if so tell the guy i apolagize for them chopped springs i sent him, i forgot to send the spring plates which is the reason they didnt sit right, found them in the shed the other day.

• 2 months later...

Will be taking off time around edition this year though. Last year I stayed in the tent pretty well the whole time, after working a 70 hour week plastering... Now I build houses so the pace has slowed a bit

Really pissed off with Adrian Flux; I've literally just cancelled my policy with them.

Spend out on a horrendous deposit, then the first months premium.... but still no paperwork, no forms, no documents, no reciepts. Hell for the last 2 months I've been worried about driving because not even I have seen anything to proove I'm insured. When I rang up to ask what was going on, I get a load of random drivel about things I didnt want to hear about. Followed by a cancellation fee of nearly the deposit... lovely persons.

In short my personal opinion is that they're a half arsed attempt at an insurance company, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone... Unless you like throwing money down the drain.

Rant over.

• 8 months later...

My Lupo will be coming up for sale shortly, it now has recaros, arosa tailgate and is now soundproofed out, currently sorned and no MOT but this will all be sorted beforehand. Will take photos of the soundproofing work and where the crossmembers are modified to take the recaros and get them up soon. The 3L rear bumper is still on the back but I'm in two minds about keeping that, depends on what money i get for the car.

Cars done 84k and has had new clutch and replacement gearbox less than 10k ago, coilovers will be included in the sale

Will sort out a proper for sale ad when the interior is all back in and its had a good clean. If theres any interest please PM me

• 1 month later...

Best colour too!!

Got to admit, currently using a silver A3 (3.2 DSG Quattro, rather quick!) and it is very easy to keep looking good. However it never looks fantastic, like a dark coloured car can with plenty of elbow grease.

Its a great car replaced a few parts and good as new

keeping it standard, need to find the alloy wheel paint code, the cars moon silver but i dont know what silver vw used on the bathursts?

Edit: what are warning points? and how the hell don't I have any? :)

Edited by Boy'dup