thinking of lupo for first car

SladS

alright chaps, erm just registered today. I'm 17, going to pass my driving test in two weeks (hopefully!) and my brother is pestering me to get a clio like his but i'm leaning towards a lupo as i like the looks and i think they are a good starter car? correct me if i'm wrong but i read somewhere that they are cheap to run? Any recommendations or tips will be great or even if you have slipped up somewhere or regretted something to do with a lupo i would like to know about so i don't make the same mistake :D cheers for your time folks. George :D

Edited by SladS

Hey, welcome.

You're obviously going to get pretty biased views on here but I'll still give you my blatantly obvious opinion...get a Lupo, they are better than Clio's :-)

Hey, welcome.

You're obviously going to get pretty biased views on here but I'll still give you my blatantly obvious opinion...get a Lupo, they are better than Clio's :-)

Alright mate, erm i would like to say the same but i am learning in my mums clio now and it is nice to drive. as i have said my mum has a clio and my brother has a clio as well, i don't really want three clio's on the drive so i'm thinking of going for a cheeky lupo :D

1 litres are a great car to start with, but check insurance costs on both the 1 litre and 1.4 as sometimes for some people there isnt much of a difference in policy prices.

Keep it standard to for the first yeah to get those no claims up on the cheap, just service it and keep it clean.

Then maybe look into insurances that allow cosmetic mods, lowering etc.

I went form clio to lupo to clio to lupo and that was only cause some muppet caused a crash i was involved in and that was the end of that[Lupo] :angry:

they both have there +'s

but i love driving my lupo way more than either of the 2 clios

Edited by Dz1981

I went to buy a Loop - really really wanted a Loop .... Long story short ended up buying am arosa. TBH both good cars and if you can get a Loop in budget go for it - but got 2 insurance quotes and my Arosa was cheaper to insure for basically just as good a car :)

DO NOT GET A CLIO! I promise you'll hate it. I went from a Polo to a newer Megan and couldn't believe how poor quality it was compared to the Polo which was a few years older

You've done so little on the forum i cant even find anything to base an opinion on you.

Maybe you just have a very short attention span, you ever though of ritalin.

hi george

ive passed my test about a month now and im driving a lupo 1.4, its a great car wouldnt and dont want anything else plus an added bonus is that they are very cheap to run and will take very little to modifiy! i highly remcommend you get one!