Yaris Hybrid...

Putney

Out 2012, looks quite nice... I am also considering an A1.. As a daily... The S is going into weekend summer use only.

The A1s are supposedly very good. Two people down my girlfriends road have bought them. Ones got a diesel, the other a TSI and they both say how good they are!

A weekend summer car and a motorbike? Nice to have the choice, but wont you just end up using one or the other every time?

The bike is for very occasionaly use just because they are so foooking dangerous. I have had it since november last year and not even ridden it yet...

I drive a Fabia VRS a lot of the time, especially on road trips. But I have to share this.. This car got me looking at a small hatch again. I like the A1 and the Yaris. The hybrid would be my first choice depending on price. I don't want to sell the S2000, its not worth selling.... so decided to put it in the garage this winter and get it sorned... road tax is £415, rear tyres are good for about 6000miles... they wear alot quicker in the winter, its a bit slidey! But a great car to have during the spring summer...

I think i can get 10% off and some cash back on Hybrid cars through work... So its the natural choice out of the two.... insurance will be dirt cheap and i wont have to pay congestion charge either... Thats £8 a time... I am guessing there will be little to no road tax... so the running cost will be very low.

The A1s are supposedly very good. Two people down my girlfriends road have bought them. Ones got a diesel, the other a TSI and they both say how good they are!

I looked a week or so ago. Top version doesn't have climate control, and my sensibly upgraded one cost £23k. Nearly all reviews say it still isn't as good as a Fiesta. Sadly, Ford don't offer an engine that exploits the fab chassis.

The bike is for very occasionaly use just because they are so foooking dangerous. I have had it since november last year and not even ridden it yet...

I drive a Fabia VRS a lot of the time, especially on road trips.

the S2000, decided to put it in the garage this winter its a bit slidey!

Sorry to hear you've caught the Gay Iain, man up and drive your sports car, lovely bike weather up here even a girl in the office has been riding her monster to work for months. MTFU HTH :D

Sorry to hear you've caught the Gay Iain, man up and drive your sports car, lovely bike weather up here even a girl in the office has been riding her monster to work for months. MTFU HTH :D

Ha thanks Alan!... Bike is almost finished.. Would have taken it for a gentle run this weekend but looks like its next weekend now as it needs taxing and insuring...

I like the monster... I had a brand new 1100S for a day and a half... It was great fun and pretty dam quick...

The female colleague wasn't allowed one till the latest model with ABS, that's how much of a girl she is but even she has been riding to work 50 miles round trip a few days a week for since march. Great soft top weather too, none of this electric or diesel rubbish go use up some petrol while you can still afford it, only miss it when you can't. Drove my M3 every day all winter with less than 5mm summer rubber on the rear and 343bhp going through 255 section rears, you have no excuses for not driving yours with only 240 going through 245s man up :D

Sadly, Ford don't offer an engine that exploits the fab chassis.

The girlfriend has just purchased a brand new Fiesta S1600 (134ps), and I'm certain that if you put your foot down in it it would be nearly as quick as a Lupo GTI.

The girlfriend has just purchased a brand new Fiesta S1600 (134ps), and I'm certain that if you put your foot down in it it would be nearly as quick as a Lupo GTI.

118bhp arent they? Or do mountune do a pack for it? Bet it wasnt cheap!

A lupo Gti first came out 10 years... ago... It wasn't exactly a hot hatch then but to be chucking cars out with 118-134bhp and branding them as quick is a joke...They are far heavier now a days..

They were, then loads of people complained, so they've done a run of them at 134ps. I believe mount tune offer a pack on top of this as well.

As much as I dislike modern fords, it's actually not too bad to be honest.

So how u getting on with the M3? I have always fancied one however I always require a s

Damm iPhone.

Softtop. If I have a coupe I will get bored and will probably entertain myself using the loud pedal.

I wasn't going to mention it but 240bhp on the 245s is about spot on perfect I think. It's very hard to lose traction in the dry unless u are doing something stupid, ie power sliding 80mph into a lamp post isn't much fun is it Crusoe? Ha ha

Lucky for u the m3 has some driver aids!!

I'm no Alan Prost myself but the one thing riding a bike has taught me is good throttle control and I can honestly say I very rarely get crossed up in the s2000 but I do find it wheels spins a lot on wet greasy roads around London and this chews through Tyres.

The s2000 is still quick enough to keep up with an m3 round a track. Yours might have a 100 bhp more but it's a few kgs heavier.

M diff really works much better than the S2000 one, finds a lot more traction in slippery conditions and you can feel exactly what it is doing, always just slowed down in the S but actually enjoy driving the M3 in the rain and snow. A lot more predictable and a similar engine feel if you added 2 cylinders and the added torque they could be designed by the same guys.

Running great and no unexpected bills, probably less than the S to insure as well. Sunroof for sunny days but not quite a soft top, always borrow my dads new mx5 2lr sport.

You want a fiat two cylinder if you need a small car with character, no road tax and 60 to the gallon in a thrumy revy petrol.

Dark grey 500c twin air with the soft top in red, with red leather and matching grey 15" wheels £16k before discounts.

Edited by Crusoe

Just seen the 500... now thats an interesting engine.... however if i was buying a 500 it would be the abarth....