Broadband Speeds at home

Putney

sky broadband is pretty **** hot tbh mate, If I was you I wouldnt change for the sake of maybe 5/10 pound a month. but I am also guessing you get the TV package as well?

Try Plusnet. Depends on how much you use it etc? They do cheap packages from £6.50 right up to about £17.99.I left Sky aswell as they were nothing but problems. AOL, Tiscali are also ones to avoid. Anything basically owned by Talk Talk avoid.

yeah we have the TV package too. paying nearly £40 a month, for internet, phone line (which we dont use) and sky+. which would be great if we could watch one channel and record another, which we cant, and record more than one channel at a time, which we cant!

so basically, as long as we are watching the program, or on the channel that the program is playing on THEN and only then can we record it! B0LL0CKS!

yeah we have the TV package too. paying nearly £40 a month, for internet, phone line (which we dont use) and sky+. which would be great if we could watch one channel and record another, which we cant, and record more than one channel at a time, which we cant!

so basically, as long as we are watching the program, or on the channel that the program is playing on THEN and only then can we record it! B0LL0CKS!

sounds like only one input on your box is working. get an engineer out..

I had a problem with my HD box... some channels started saying no satelite single received. I was also getting failed recordings... One of the power supplies in the box was starting to fail and couldn't set the 2nd tuner or something... Anyway... I got an engineer round who gave me a new HD box with a bigger hard drive... 250 instead of 160 and its a tad smaller and much quicker on the EPG.. My box was out of warranty so I had to pay a call out fee but I am glad I did...

Edited by Putney

Get a 2nd arial port put in :-)

1254192503.png

you lot have it easy!

and we have to pay 10 quid extra a month to be connected!

Edited by Richud

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm not at home, but I spend more time here...

1283852388.png

Ironicaly, my actual percieved download times are slower here than they are at home on my 10mb service. Routing and firewalls blah, blah, blah...

Silver!'s the winner so far!

I'm on Virgin's 10Mb service and get high nines download pretty regularly and just under one upload.

Edited by IDGM

Silver!'s the winner so far!

I'm on Virgin's 10Mb service and get high nines download pretty regularly and just under one upload.

Not really, as I did say I'm not at home.

However our student residences are on the same connection and get to share all that bandwith between about 50 of them out of working hours.

• 2 weeks later...

1300771239.png

Pretty happy with that, especially as we got our upgrade to 50m/b broadband for free when I re-newed my phone contract!!

Edited by lupogtiboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1300771239.png

Pretty happy with that, especially as we got our upgrade to 50m/b broadband for free when I re-newed my phone contract!!

Who the HELL is that with?

Mine.......

1355190430.png

Edited by Steve TDI