Anyone know much about syncing devices to laptops?

brabus4

Hey folks,

just looking for some help if possible.

Tried syncing my iphone 4 up to my laptop last night . . . firstly, it asked me to open new pics and videos on the iphone using windows gallery (which it always does) which I selected, then it said there were no pics or videos to select! Hmmmm. :confused:

Disconnected the phone then reconnected it after 5-10 mins using my other USB port, but this time it kept saying that it couldn't recognize the USB device . . . first time this has happened in 8 months or so! Kept trying all night, but no joy. USB Cable is working fine as it is charging the phone no problem via the plug adaptor, just won't recognize it via USB anymore for some reason!!!!

Any suggestions folks?

Cheers,

Andy.

I'm assuming you have itunes installed??

Yeah, been using it with no issues for approximately 8-9 months.

I'm running Vista (which I am ready to throw out), but as I said, no problems with iphone 4 since I've had it. Both the laptop and iphone are performing fine, it's just when I plug the iphone into the laptop that there seems to be an issue . . . keeps coming up as not recognized! :(

Official cable? Try a different USB port if there is any? Turned the iPhone off and on again? Latest firmware on iTunes and iPhone itself?

Yes to all of the above . . .

I'm puzzled!

Try uninstalling iTunes then re installing it. Sounds to me like the actual iPhone driver has been removed but if ya re install iTunes it will bring the driver with it. Hope this helps (y)

Try uninstalling iTunes then re installing it. Sounds to me like the actual iPhone driver has been removed but if ya re install iTunes it will bring the driver with it. Hope this helps (y)

I'll try that matey, thanks.

;)

Tried plugging the iphone into the USB again, before trying anything else and it worked perfectly, straight away! :confused:

I'm confuggled . . .

Anyway, glad it's working fine again, thanks for all your help folks! ;)