17 year old insurance..

Dr Smithy

Hey guys, i was wondering if you could help me out here. if the price is right im going to be getting a 1999 1.0 lupo. can you guys tell me what you pay for your 1.0 and who you are with, if it's third party or fully comp. if your an second driver i.e your on your parents insurance can you tell me how much it costs you..

iv'e been looking on comparison sites and i keep getting quotes of 4 grand plus!! and that was on my parents insurance.

thanks a lot guys,

Smithy

Edited by Dr Smithy

Multicar policies with your parents are good to look into, tho your premiums should be nearer half of those quotes. Put it as your car, you main driver (so u can start building no claims). Fully comp and 3rd party are basically the same now. Then if your parents have good driving records put them on aswell, just try lots of combos till u find a cheaper one. Also, actually calling/emailing companies will get you better quotes.

All the advice anyone will be able to give really. Just keep looking around.

thanks BERP51, i put one of my parents as the main driver and me as a named driver, he was a brilliant driving record and yet it turned out to be sky-high which i think was insane! if i cant find a cheaper quote then i'll have to look for a different car, which i don't wanna do :(

thanks BERP51, i put one of my parents as the main driver and me as a named driver, he was a brilliant driving record and yet it turned out to be sky-high which i think was insane! if i cant find a cheaper quote then i'll have to look for a different car, which i don't wanna do :(

It's because they are not thick and they know you are proberly the main driver,

Waste of time if you ask me and can cause hassle in a claim just bite the bullet get your own policy from the start and build up some no claims.

It's because they are not thick and they know you are proberly the main driver,

Waste of time if you ask me and can cause hassle in a claim just bite the bullet get your own policy from the start and build up some no claims.

yeah your right, hopefully i'll get 1 year no claims on from my moped, "hopefully..." it would be worth it in the end... plus im going to do an advance driving lessons which should take my insurance down aswell

yeah your right, hopefully i'll get 1 year no claims on from my moped, "hopefully..." it would be worth it in the end... plus im going to do an advance driving lessons which should take my insurance down aswell

I did pass plus, quite good, and parents will be happy u go, cos one of them has to go along to the theory session too.

Then that is designed to reduce your premiums by 10% from most companies.

Advanced driving classes also help reduce, i may do those this summer to move a mk4 r32 closer to being insurable.

Putting parents as named isnt always cheapest, my parents both have a good record and i was paying £200 extra per year for them, so i cut them off lol! Try it both ways. At least if u put that it is just u driving as the main driver, they will know u are being honest and may offer cheaper?

Not heard of advanced driving lessons anyone got more info?

Advance diving lessons are basically a more advance driving lesson :coffee: for example this is a one week course which teaches you how to control your car if it spins out and stuff.. it just goes into more detail and how to handle things better.

i was just looking on the older posts for insurance for lupos, one guy said admiral, so i gave it a try. i was expecting for a sky-high quote once again, but i was amazed to see its was 667 pound. I didn't believe this neither. I put everything in fully comp, 17, parked on the street at night, student, and everything and it came out with that? Because i didn't believe it i did it 3 more times.. and it came out to be the same price as before... if they can insure me for that, then why are other companies giving me quotes over 4 grand!?!?

Smithy

Edited by Dr Smithy

i was just looking on the older posts for insurance for lupos, one guy said admiral, so i gave it a try. i was expecting for a sky-high quote once again, but i was amazed to see its was 667 pound. I didn't believe this neither. I put everything in fully comp, 17, parked on the street at night, student, and everything and it came out with that? Because i didn't believe it i did it 3 more times.. and it came out to be the same price as before... if they can insure me for that, then why are other companies giving me quotes over 4 grand!?!?

Smithy

Brilliant quote! Honesty must have helped!

after just reading the quote you got from admiral, i just went on to their site and i dont know whether it was because they were a bit glitchy last night but the site is down and cant even get a quote from them, let alone one that low!

Witnessing the local rags "in the dock" column and programmes like Traffic Cops, I wouldn't bother with insurance. The fines and penalties dished out by the courts are so low, it's a good financial risk to avoid having it in the first place.

Not that I'd want to be hit by an uninsured driver you understand.

after just reading the quote you got from admiral, i just went on to their site and i dont know whether it was because they were a bit glitchy last night but the site is down and cant even get a quote from them, let alone one that low!

yeah it was a dam glitch :angry: i checked this morning and it went sky high again... hopefully i'll find a good quote somewhere :)

thanks

Dirt rider smithy

Also be careful when insuring your car. You may get a decent (ish) quote for a standard Lupo, but if you want to modify it you will need to declare your modifications with you insurers too which could put the premium up depending on what the modification is. I'm with Adrian Flux, you need to be 19 and over with them but they generally don't put your premium up based on modifications unless they affect your performance!