How To remove Door Strips/Bumper/Guards Photo Walkthrough

I had a struggle looking around the forum to find a good guide on how to remove the side strips on my Lupo. I managed to gather enough info and do it but I thought it would benefit loads of people to have a photo guide (this is something you need to do to your lupo) so here goes :coffee:

You will need:

Dental Floss

Hairdryer

T-Cut and/or Body Polish

Rags/Cloths

Bug or Tar remover/Cleaner

Large amounts of elbow grease and patience!

cimg2779h.jpg

First of all spray cleaner/bug remover behind the strips and allow to soak in. above and below strip to get all of adhesive tape

Then take tooth floss and pull behind skirt and using a sawing action move down the trim. TIP: take your time and try to get as close to body as possible as black sticky is a b**ch to get off!)

cimg2771.jpg

Once tooth flossed off, pull away (should just fall off)

cimg2769h.jpg

You will be left with the blacks adhesive strips or hopefully parts of!

cimg2770.jpg

Then allow to dry and heat up using hairdryer- use a rubbing motion whilst pressing hard to remove sticky tape. (BLISTERS WILL OCCUR!)

Wipe away as much of the crap and take and muck as possible using rags and cleaner.

cimg2775.jpg

There will be a little bit of residue left over so t-cut and/or polish to your hearts content!!!

cimg2778.jpg

Wash all over as you would, get plasters for all of your fingers, then.... step back. admire!

Hope this helps

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just found out the best thing to clean the residue off is PVC cleaner softens the **** in minutes then remove with credit card or plastic scraper

Industrial tar & gkue remover worked a treat for me!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.