Its not often you will here me say this.......

scotty_82

But im proud to be british tonight, tbh i hate the whole "red nose day" night show but to raise so much money from such a small island to help people thousands of miles away is valiant.

Its something this country can be proud of, helping others in a far far worse situation than those here when so many other countries do no where near as much.

How on earth in 2011 children can be dying from something like a lack of food that we take so much for granted is totally beyond me.

Taking onto account petrol prices soaring , unemployment at high levels, a major recession and the general cost of living going up its a huge achievement, even if i did only give a few quid.

If everyone in the uk gave just one pound it would be truly epic on proportions that would probably even blow charlie sheens head.

Well said. . . . What credit do we get tho? every country on the planet hates us.

With having a 16month old myself, I personally cannot watch the video clips it could quite easily bring me to tears.

Credit is probably knowing that you have done something good for the world, unfortunately yeah we dont get the pat on the head we all deserve but hell who cares, for tonight as a country we rock.

I dont know if it's just me.. But I am not big on Charity raising.

Sounds harsh but for me to think that EVERY SINGLE PENNY you donate goes to the said charity is unfathomable. I honestly don't believe it.

I would need physical proof that millions upon millions each year are being spent on the said causes. But as mentioned.. I don't know if it's just me. I don't like giving money to strangers who hassle me on the street, or donating virtual to real money that I won't see make a change.

totally agree.

its amazing how chris and dave raised 2.4 million as well

would have been 1.8 million until fearne offered to sit their in a bikini for half hour live on tv if it got over 2.

not that i texted in when she said it :whistle:

Edited by Barnsley-Arosa

radio 1 was madness today, on route to school i heard them say they were gonna push for 1.5 million, cos they had 1.3, but 2.4 million ?! madness, but i do get a kinda nice feeling from it.

I dont know if it's just me.. But I am not big on Charity raising.

Sounds harsh but for me to think that EVERY SINGLE PENNY you donate goes to the said charity is unfathomable. I honestly don't believe it.

I would need physical proof that millions upon millions each year are being spent on the said causes. But as mentioned.. I don't know if it's just me. I don't like giving money to strangers who hassle me on the street, or donating virtual to real money that I won't see make a change.

**** me its a quid , thats all you had to donate , then you can live as naively as us in the thought that you had helped an african kid/helped find a cure to aids/gave an isolated village water/helped correct a cataract/homed wee kenny from glassgow who has a real bad drink problem.

Edited by scotty_82

Well **** you too.

I was gonna buy a new pair of jeans today, but gave the £100 to Comic Relief instead.

Amand was going to buy some... who knows, but gave £100 too.

It would be nice to think they got every penny, but even if someone somewhere takes 25% tax; at least they are getting a well needed 75p in the pound.

You watched the show, you were entertained and laughed but couldn't 'feel' to put your hand in your pocket and give the price of a pint.

Shame on you.

Well **** you too.

I was gonna buy a new pair of jeans today, but gave the £100 to Comic Relief instead.

It would be nice to think they got every penny, but even if someone somewhere takes 25% tax; at least they are getting a well needed 75p in the pound.

You watched the show, you were entertained and laughed but couldn't 'feel' to put your hand in your pocket and give the price of a pint.

Shame on you.

LIKE!

Unfortunately i missed the show because i was out but i still gave £20, not watching the terrible things these people have to deal with doesnt mean its not there!

Well **** you too.

Shame on you.

I take back all those bad things ive ever said about you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , im a sucker for some good jeans so thats a massive deal giving the money to charity instead. :shades:

Generally I didn't agree with all the celebrities asking us lot for money, as Scotty said the UK aren't coping completely well with the recession yet it's still mostly the people most affected that are asked to dig deep. However last night I realised if they didn't all get together and arrange sketches and events such as the Corden sketches and obviously as mentioned Chris and Dave on the radio then noone would give the money, between them they've raised a stupid amount of money and it wouldn't happen if they didn't do interesting and funny stuff!

My dad owed me a bit of money, he was giving some quids online so I told him to give them the money I leant him and forget what he owed me. That's costed me a bit less driving this week and not going out at the weekend. So what?