Mercedes SLS + AMG GT3 (3DS Max)

DarkStryder360

Will be doing moar renders soon, just in the middle of transferring all my HDD onto my new PC, so currently backing up.

Did some modelling at Uni though (headlights and taillights), and today downloaded 3DS Max 2012, and this wont mean much to anyone that haven't used a piece of 3D software before, but... real-time realistic viewport shading courtesy of the new 'Nitrous' Viewport.

To put it into perspective, I rendered out an image, and took a screenshot.

This rendered image took 3 Minutes, 46 Seconds.

deleteinabit.jpg

This screenshot was taken after about 2 seconds of focusing and detailing in the viewport.

max2012nitrousskylight.jpg

And I know which one of the two looks better :lol: Ridiculous. This is definitely going to speed things up AHELLOVALOT!

And Ben, the GT3 is a definite after finishing the SLS ;)

Edited by DarkStryder360

Wow! just needs the bonnet finished now, then some nice decals and some pretty renders to finish it off!

U going to try and model the alloys in the one above? a little too much stretch on your tyres. I think the ones above are pretty flush to the arches?

The one above must be a render too? nobody would have a place like that for photos?

Other things im trying to notice that you could do include:

-boot release clips.

-wheels

-tyres

-bonnet

-slightly larger front splitter? not sure.

-perhaps to outdetail the above, build a nice shiny radiator to go behind the grill.

-will you model the interior? (that would look lush in a render with the gullwing doors open)

-wingmirrors are slightly different and narrower.

-small front splitter central support in grill.

-why not try making the rear wing and splitter in carbon fibre, havent seen that rendered yet.

-Make a "Darkstryder 360 Tuning" plate to go on the rear?

-the second mercedes badge on the nose.

-rear vents on the sills need to go to the rear wheels not just stop lol.

-looks slightly like it is a softop, the bit behind the doors needs to be smoother joining the lower body and needs the little fuel filler points.

mercedes-sls-amg-gt3-10-rear-angle-640x426.jpg

gt3rear.jpg

-not sure about the rear window shape, or how your boot joins to the rear wings, hope the above images show it ok.

-rear merc badge a tad larger.

-very slightly mishaped arches over your wheels, not perfectly rounded, maybe just need a few more polygons.

cant see anything else, but i think the key to the realism is in the materialism achieved through the render.

Good Luck!

Edited by BEP51

Actual FML I can't believe I missed the Bonnet dip! Wandered why it didn't look right! Cheers for the crit, deffo need is considering been staring at it all day and most things I didn't do, was because I just couldn't be bothered. The Wing Mirrors for example, I wont touch much because I hate wingmirrors! lol.

I see what you mean with the rear, maybe its the render but I will smooth it out more and make it less, convertible looking, which it does at the moment. Helps if I put in a proper rear window. Effort! ha!

Think the bumper needs to be larger on the front, as in, come down more, as the splitter seems to be higher than the rest of the "kit". Also, with the Rims, those look proper gash.. but all Merc race cars seem to have the same lame rims..damn!:

2011-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT3-from-Side-Front-View-Picture-570x427.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went back to it and did some renders after looking at your suggestions Ben. All done minus the rims, which I will try and find an alternate, and the front window banner.

Club Lupo special! Will be chucking this in more renders now!

slsgt322.jpg

slsgt33.jpg

slsgt3side.jpg

Stunning mate, your work on here is so good - and knowing how hard it is (I gave up after it took me half a week to do 6 snooker balls!!) then you have too much time on your hands!!

Especially seeing as you have a GF too!!!

Porsche 911 GT3 next, pretty please ;)

Also, PS3 timez anytime soon, i have my internet sort of sorted...

haha cheers man. When did you attempt to make some snooker bawls?? ha should have stuck at it man :D And yeh she loves it, shes ill now so I can focus on my work more with deadline getting closer :blink:

I am tempted by the GT3! Although if I were to make a Porsche it would be this mofo!

used-1986-porsche-911-carrera-4890-3694603-1-640.jpg

Have you got your free compensation games yet? I havent touched the PS3 in yonks.