Installing Central Locking - Lupo

Sammie'sLupo

Hi all,

I want to install central locking on my Little Lupo.

To get it installed by a local company its going to cost me around £200, which is a lot :( I wondered if its easy enough to do it myself (or the Boyf!!) and what parts do I need? I've seen a few sets on eBay for about £25 but it seems too cheap?!

Any advice/links/help would be great :)

Thanks,

Sammie

This is what I found on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380208669563&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1355wt_754

Edited by Sammie'sLupo

How much work is involved in putting an alarm and central locking in? is there a how to or has anybody already done this to be able to give me some pointers as I'm crap with wiring and stuff lol

Cheers in advance

£200 is a good price

I wouldnt fancy doing it myself too much arsing around

Its not that I think £200 is unreasonable, just cant justify the spend :( It will give the boyfriend something to do anyways, as he loves messing around with stuff :)

• 2 years later...

Installing is easy just alot of fiddling about

I've done it on both my lupos, takes about 2 hours

Best one to get is from rclick.co.uk

Does anyone know if I need to inform my insurance company when I install central locking to my lupo e? They charge £15 for every change I make!

Cheers.

Yes because if something goes wrong it could leave your car insecure.

Hi, I've done this on my arosa, ill put a few pics up for u, it was a long job I had to reome some of my dash to get to and hide all the wireing, I know I wired the flashers to the hazard switch. The drivers front actuator is the most complex because this controls the other locks, the other actuators just have two wires to them, even though I installed my correctly i had a few problems with the lock actuators not pulling the lock down far enough it took a lot of adjusting, My advice is to study where your going to put everything, ie control unit and which way your guna run all wires, sorry if this isn't really helpfull but ill put some pics up if u want to show you how mine was installed.