wont start

ADUB

Had 2 more guys up at the house tonight (vw techs) with there works laptop and lupo showing no faults,

You previously said the were a whole host of faults?

If you cleared them last time and havent started the car since, they wont show up

I USED A CHEEP AND NASTY EBAY FAULT READER,,,VW GUYS BROUGHT THE WORKS LAPTOP AND VW SOFTWARE, ONLY FAULT THEY FOUND WAS LOW VOLTAGE,,(BATTERY GOING FLAT)THEY ARE VW TRAINED TECHS,had a look in petrol tank and not nice clean petrol,,strip the pump down and manage to break a pipe that goes into the pump,,time to look for secondhand one,got pump and sender from Stevens vw parts ebay £27..

Edited by ADUB

It wasnt the fuel - it was the fuel pump. You said in your first post it wasnt making any noise and you couldnt smeel the petrol. You should hear it prime when the ignition is turned on, and if you were cranking it but not starting you would have been able to smell the petrol

COMBINATION OF BOTH OR AN INTERMITTENT FAULT WITH FUEL PUMP BUT PROBLEM SORTED,,,THANKS FOR YOUR REPLAYS,,,NOW BACK TO MY ABF MK3 GTI HOW DO I I FIX ??????? ONLY JESTING ALL THE BEST ALLAN,,,, TILL NEXT TIME..