wont start

ADUB

Hi,,bought daughter a black lupo e 60.000 miles good service history was told the previous owner parked up car was going great,,wont start now,plugs are sparking,, plenty of petrol in the tank,cant here the fuel pump and dont smell fuel,,any pointers please.

All plugs are sparking,,and plugs seem dry put a auto scanner on it and came up with these codes 4085 bank 1 probe to low,,4087 heating element circut electrical fault,4124 engine speed sensor no signal,4612 throttle valve faulty

All plugs are sparking,,and plugs seem dry put a auto scanner on it and came up with these codes 4085 bank 1 probe to low,,4087 heating element circut electrical fault,4124 engine speed sensor no signal,4612 throttle valve faulty

Which ones where present? Did you erase all the faults? Sounds like a fueling issue if you are getting a good spark!

have you got electric central locking? also do you know which ones were static faults? sounds like at least 2 of them were sporadic/intermittent which means they wont be effecting the car at all, also try clearing all the faults from the car, the fact there logged could tell the ECU it isnt safe to start.

Edited by TomLupoDub

• 3 weeks later...

DONE A COMPRESSION TEST PLUG HOLE NEXT TO OIL CAP 1,170PSI 2,275PSI 3,200PSI 4,215PSI WOULD THIS JUSTIFY TAKING THE HEAD OFF ? ALSO JUST HEARD THE THROTTLE BODY MAKING A BUZZING NOISE.

Edited by ADUB

Righty, as i get bored of an afternoon i popped out to compression test my lupo which is the same model as your daughters.

All four pots were basically 14 bar/200psi

I don't know if this is what they should be but as all were virtually identical i would say it's correct.

What i will say though is the other week i stripped and rebuilt the top end, , valves redone and stem seals all replaced. and replaced all seals and gaskets so i dunno what it would be reading if was just 96k untouched like it was.

I would personally say that your pot 1 is a little low comparewd to the other three, but i'm not one for recommending people crack their head open on a hunch from someone else

Sorry if this is no use to you but useless advise is better than none i think :)

Edited by Bickerton

Had 2 more guys up at the house tonight (vw techs) with there works laptop and lupo showing no faults, engine is getting fuel,they spray some brake cleaner in throttle body and still nothing, they tell me to tow the car and try bumping it, all the usual things,,,one more spray of the brake cleaner and checked if the throttle body is sucking and lupo started (get the flags out)they reckon old fuel,,,,time to drain the tank and check the fuel pump..

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT,,,,I CAN LEAVE MY V4 YAMAHA FOR 6 MONTHS OR MORE AND IT ALWAYS STARTS,,,ALL I CAN DO IS DRAIN THE TANK GET NEW FUEL AND IF IT GOES,,,,WELL I WILL BE HAPPY WITH THAT,,,,TIME WILL TELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!