Dedication to the Cause

Clairey Fairy

I think i've gone a little bit more mental.

I've managed to convince my mate that Mk2 Arosa Sports are seriously cool and she's fallen in love with a cheeky little black number with white wheels, and the garage has offered to take her (literally) poo-coloured fiesta as part ex.

The catch?

We live in Wiltshire and the car is in Morpeth, Northumberland. So, tomorrow my day starts at 4am to start the journey up there. We'll pick up "Oreo" and drive all the way back again!!

Only 700ish miles, what could possibly go wrong :D

Anyone else travelled silly miles/gone extra ordinary lengths just to get a car?

I was going to when I was first looking at lupos, but on the day we went to go we thought we'd ring all the sellers and garages of our list of 12 cars and all but the one in blyth (which is about 3 miles from my house) had sold. So the massive round trip of about 1000 miles never happened.

700 miles is a canny effort, id come meet you as its not that far away from me but the cars in the garage :(

Good luck though.

Ahh that's a shame, i'd be gasping for a brew by that time!!

I've never been to Newcastle and i'm obssessed with Geordies, so i'd love to stop over there on the way down - but im so skint i can't even afford a Travelodge!! :lol:

Might spot a UD convoy on the way home :P

Edited by Clairey Fairy

Not much really, very much a standard Arosa Sport which is what she wanted. Nothing around our way has been worth a purchase so we're putting in the silly miles.

I get to drive it home :)

My lupo was situated 125 miles away when I found it... drove down one horrible Thursday afternoon in January, took it for a test drive in the dark/wet and got the salesman to let me drive it into their workshop so I could view it in the light. Picked it up on the Saturday morning just over a week later.

All in all, 500 miles to get my lupo. :)

done 585 mile round trip to collect some wheels once...

To collect some ruined wheels once...

Nope, That was only 447 miles round trip :P

Still got those lol... and the adapters I bought to fit them... One day I'll get round to having them straightened!

My lupo was Orginally for sale at the end of my street. Was one of my mothers friends who was selling it cause she needed a bigger car for work. Had the money ready to buy it and literally just before I was gonna go and give her the money, and she rings my mam saying she has sold the car as part ex cause she got such a good deal! £4000 trade in. I asked her where she has sold the car turned out it was in Leicester BMW so once I tracked down which BMW I rang them up and asked if they had it. Brilliant they do! so I asked how much it was going for and they said it was going to auction, I said well can I buy it off you now this minute. So after waiting 50 min he finally came back on the phone and agreed if I made him and offer. So I offered 3300 and bosh the car was mine as long as I had picked it up within 2 days. Next came begging the parents to take me

Down and pick up the car. They agreed and we set off on the 400mile round trip (not quite 700 ha!) but still all that effort for my first car not bad baring in mind I was 16 ha. Dedication to the cause!

My lupo was Orginally for sale at the end of my street. Was one of my mothers friends who was selling it cause she needed a bigger car for work. Had the money ready to buy it and literally just before I was gonna go and give her the money, and she rings my mam saying she has sold the car as part ex cause she got such a good deal! £4000 trade in. I asked her where she has sold the car turned out it was in Leicester BMW so once I tracked down which BMW I rang them up and asked if they had it. Brilliant they do! so I asked how much it was going for and they said it was going to auction, I said well can I buy it off you now this minute. So after waiting 50 min he finally came back on the phone and agreed if I made him and offer. So I offered 3300 and bosh the car was mine as long as I had picked it up within 2 days. Next came begging the parents to take me

Down and pick up the car. They agreed and we set off on the 400mile round trip (not quite 700 ha!) but still all that effort for my first car not bad baring in mind I was 16 ha. Dedication to the cause!

Nice going :). I do however beat you all at this game. My Lupo I spotted while I was at break on my work, phoned them up and had them bring it to my house the next morning to view it. Go me haha.

to buy my leather i traveled 600 miles to scotland in the worst snow ever then went to devon from manchester and back for an old vw pick up but my arosa only came from morecombe some 200 miles i think

I believe that it's worth the drive to view for urself for the simple reason of you will know deep down wether to buy or walk away at the end if it yeah you have 700 mile on the clock and a road trip if you decide on not gettin or a very unhappy face if you get 100 mile down the road and it goes pop. U surely know the tell tale signs of a no go car?!

I believe that it's worth the drive to view for urself for the simple reason of you will know deep down wether to buy or walk away at the end if it yeah you have 700 mile on the clock and a road trip if you decide on not gettin or a very unhappy face if you get 100 mile down the road and it goes pop. U surely know the tell tale signs of a no go car?!

I disagree tbh - the furthur I'd have to travel the cheaper I'd want the car because of the cost and time it'd taken getting there.

Where abouts the car is doesnt make no odds to the seller mate come on! If I put my car up for sale for £1000 its up for sale for £1000 wether your comin from Scotland or Plymouth it's down to them wether they cum and view regardless of distance. All I said was I would come and view so I saw for myself.

Where abouts the car is doesnt make no odds to the seller mate come on! If I put my car up for sale for £1000 its up for sale for £1000 wether your comin from Scotland or Plymouth it's down to them wether they cum and view regardless of distance. All I said was I would come and view so I saw for myself.

Agree'd although you might be able to knock twenty quid off for some petrol on the way back :lol: :lol: