oil in spark plugs

Widelupo

my engine started shuddering the other day. so took it to the garage and found out one off the spark plugs have been flooded with oil. the mechanic said i need a new engine. what do guys think???

I had this but it was just the plastic extender for the oil cover (makes it high enough to reach above the plastic engine cover). I just took it off and put the cap straight on the engine and havn't had a problem since! Bobbo on here has the car now so he could probably explain better.

my engine started shuddering the other day. so took it to the garage and found out one off the spark plugs have been flooded with oil. the mechanic said i need a new engine. what do guys think???

hang on a minute are you just talking about the hole that the spark plug goes into? oil in there is from the rocker cover gasket (silicone sealant in this case) if your doing it yourself it's a case of removing and re-fitting cambelt to get to it. If your not you may aswell have a new cambelt while your at it if it's anywhere near due as you're paying the labour anyway

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

buy some spray brake cleaner place rag over a screwdriver spray inside the plug shaft " with plug in to stop stuff getting in the bore " clean out the hole with rag on screwdriver once all oil is out remove the plug,and replace it. there will be a small lip where the cam carrier meet's the head this is where the oil is seeping through, make sure this is cleaned and smear a light coating of tiger seal/ sikaflex around the join allow this to go off before replacing the plug. job done 20 quid top