Chassis damage???

LUPO_3L

Hi Lupopians

I'm looking at this on ebay as a bit of a project over the next few months (in no rush to put it right) as I think it looks great.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO-GTI-SILVER-2002-DAMAGE-CAT-C_W0QQitemZ110659136833QQcategoryZ9873QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7622612541432607342

From the pics provided I was thinking maybe you guys who own these cars could advise on what you think it might need without stating the obvious of course. It looks to be high up damage but I'm open to your opinion as it might have chassis damage. Also is the price right?

Cheers

Simon

There is another thread on here about that car, it could end up an expansive fix if the headlights are shot, you probably will struggle to get a ally bonnet but the steel ones are the same. Wings are ally i think too.

There is another thread on here about that car, it could end up an expansive fix if the headlights are shot, you probably will struggle to get a ally bonnet but the steel ones are the same. Wings are ally i think too.

wings look okay I think bonnet will do in steel for now, can you point me towards th elink please

We decided it wasnt worth it I think

Can you give specifics? Theres headlights for sale for £50 a side, bonnets for £35, Front panels for £50, bumpers for £35, Radiators for £40 and i have all the kit to spray myself. This books at 4k?!?!

50 a piece for the Headlights? The bulbs alone are more than that!

As for selling it on for 4k, I would sell mine for that! 3k absolute max, assuming you respray it perfectly and get an ali bonnet

Can you give specifics? Theres headlights for sale for £50 a side, bonnets for £35, Front panels for £50, bumpers for £35, Radiators for £40 and i have all the kit to spray myself. This books at 4k?!?!

Here is the thread... http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75995

£4,000 for a Cat C?

Here is the thread... http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75995

£4,000 for a Cat C?

No thats book price for a straight one. As you know! But from experience they're worth a third less on a cat C so thats around £2700? if it needs jigged then fair enough but thats my question

No thats book price for a straight one. As you know! But from experience they're worth a third less on a cat C so thats around £2700? if it needs jigged then fair enough but thats my question

Thanks for the link by the way, the car looked mint pre-accident. Such a shame to break it down didn't realise those were xenons but still worth a punt I reckon. They turned down a 1k offer, think I need to take a (chuffing) trip to rotherham on saturday :-)

worth a shot but be prepared to not get the money you want for it.

ps it needs a new passenger wing. its dented at front

I wouldn't be selling it in a hurry tbh. Headlights both working according to the seller but his messages don't make any sense as he's saying he sold it on Sunday for 1300 but it's still for sale now!