Hello, it's been a while

Alex_225

Just thought I'd say hello as I haven't been on here in a while. I sold my Lupo Sport last year. Not sure if the new owner is on here, I know he saw it for sale on here.

I was sad to see it go as I'd got it as mint as I could without spending a fair bit of money on bits that would have only fed my OCD! lol This is what I replaced it with. A RenaultSport Twingo 133 Gordini.

TwingoBNB8.jpg

TwingoBNB6.jpg

TwingoBNB2.jpg

Now I know it's not subtle and it's definitely not to everyone's taste but I'm really pleased with it. It's number 110 of 200 being sold in the UK but the biggest selling point for the Gordini over a normal 133 was the interior.

TwingoBNB4.jpg

TwingoBNB5.jpg

TwingoBNB9.jpg

TwingoBNB10.jpg

It's not the original Gordini racing blue of old but it's still a rather pleasant colour.

TwingoBNB1.jpg

The Lupo sold for more than I had expected so I thought I'd treat it to this number plate too.

T121NGO.jpg

In terms of driving compared to the Lupo it's certainly different. The Lupo was making about 115bhp where as this is 130bhp but not really different in weight so this feels a bit quicker. In terms of handling, I'd say they were pretty close. The Lupo was on KW coilies so the ride was rock hard where as this is far more supple, which tends to give you more confidence in terms of not feeling so many bumps.

I miss the old Lupo and if I could have kept it as well as this I would have done but I don't regret selling in terms of this car.

Edited by Alex_225

Thanks mate. I don't really have any plans as such. If anything I need to get out and drive it more. I took a new job where I don't use the car mid week like I did with the Lupo so it's only got 350 miles on it.

I know the car would look good lowered but it handles so well at the moment without being harsh. My girlfriend test drove one just after I did and ended up buying a Glacier white one. Thing is though for her to get those 17" wheels you have to have the Cup chassis (the Gordini comes with them as standard) which is only 4mm lower but a stiffer ride. It's a tiny bit sharper on the turn in, but no quicker realistically on the road but so much harsher.

This is her one -

TwingoFront1.jpg

The only midification to the Gordini that I was thinking of were these alloys for next winter.

PRORACE3white.jpg

Put it this way, to replace one of those silver/blue rims from Renault you're looking at £425 each wheel!!!!

Edited by Alex_225

Iv always been a Renaultsport fan and think these are quality! I'm debating an r26 or Clio v6 if I'm feeling brave later in the year.

Iv always been a Renaultsport fan and think these are quality! I'm debating an r26 or Clio v6 if I'm feeling brave later in the year.

To be honest, Renaults, from my experience don't live up to the stereotyping that French cars have. They're not unreliable but admittedly they don't feel as solid as a VW. That said, they usually out perform their rivals in terms of driving pleasure and to me that's a big factor. I like their underdog status.

Between an R26 and Clio V6 it'd be a tough choice made. Have to drive them both and go from there.

I prefer your birds haha looks really nice in White

been a fan of the twingo 133 since the cane out don't see many around either..

That'd cool mate, I'd have gone for a white one if the Gordini didn't exist. Only down side is that whtie is the most popular colour at the moment. There's a lot turning up on the owners clubs, although hers is the only one with the glass roof.

I'm lucky though as I get to drive both. Only difference is she's racked up 5k in about 8 or 9 months, mine's 6 months old and only done 360 miles. Still running it in. :(

What are the future tunability options for the 1.6 in comparison to the 1.2 turbo? I only ask because at launch, many reviews recommended the turbo over the 133 for greater flexibility.

At the moment, the 100bhp 1.2 turbo engine is probably more tuneable.

There are a few re-mapped Twingo GT running not disimilar power to the the 133 with a re-map, intercooler etc. Thing is though, regardless of the power the GT is still lacking the RenaultSport chassis. Let's face it a car with sub 150bhp is really all about the handling.

Still, I'm a big fan of the 1.2 turbo engine.

Thing is though, if I were modify a Twingo I'd pick the GT. If you messed about with the ride heigh and styling on an RS it'd be a bit of a shame as they drive brilliantly and look good as standard.

But a Twingo 1.2, tuned to 130bhp, on the desk on coilovers and smart 16" rims would look awesome as well.

• 4 months later...

(speed difference between a 172 and arosa is ridiculous)

Did you sit there bouncing up and down shouting 'Come On!' at the car?

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've been on here so thought I'd update this thread for those people who were interested. :)

I've had the Twingo Gordini a year now. Still think back to the Lupo though, if only I had funds to keep that as well. I've made a minor change to the car since buying it.

10.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

1k.jpg

I'm really pleased with how the wheels have suited the car. Putting bright white rims on a car sounds lairy but actually it's almost made the styling on the Gordini less fussy by tying in nicely with the white details on the car.

Also, with stretched tyres as standard and the OEM wheels going for £425 each to replace, these are somewhat of a cheaper option if I damage one.

These weren't too bad for what they are. I got a set of decent Falken tyres on there as well.

I've gone for 205/40/17 instead of 195/40/17, a tiny bit more forgiving. Thankfully I didn't damage the OEM rims, they're now de-tarred, polished and stored in the loft! lol

They are a great looking wheel I must say. Not the most expensive but certainly no heavier than the standard rims either and I reckon they suit the car.