GTi 1.6 6-speed engine & GTi Bathurts

mccathei09

Just bought a Lupo GTi in pretty bad condition and just refurbed it so selling some of the decent stuff I have left from before.

ENGINE

Full engine block and head, needs reconditioning due to camshaft siezure persumably due to oil starvation, due to poor condition of the pump.(This is a very rare engine that only fits the 6-speed box and not the 5-speed that can be taken out of a Polo GTi, even though they both have the same AVY engine code, I know this when sourcing my new engine!!!).

BATHURST ALLOYS

Similarly the alloys will need refurbing not really due to curbing but the laquer and paint has began to flake in places on all but one alloy. All the alloys have budget Arrowspeed 195/45/R15's with loads of tread, done just over 1000 miles.

PICTURES

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Looking for £200 for the engine and £150 for the alloys and tyres.

Collection only as to courier my new engine was about £100 so wouldn't be worth it.

Any questions feel free ask.

Thanks Josh.

The lupo and polo engines are different.

But the only difference between a five and six speed lupo engine is the gearbox itself.

You can easily chop and change.

The lupo and polo engines are different.

But the only difference between a five and six speed lupo engine is the gearbox itself.

You can easily chop and change.

x2 the polo gti box will not fit a lupo gti

however a 6 speed lupo gti box WILL fit a 5 speed lupo gti engine,

i know ive changed from a 5 to a 6,a straight fit

both 5 and 6 speed lupo gti boxes will fit your engine

Do you have the centre caps for the wheels?

Yes, they all have centre caps, just forgot to put them in the picutres as was picking the best four out of the eight from my new ones aswell. Will try and get a picure on later today.

x2 the polo gti box will not fit a lupo gti

however a 6 speed lupo gti box WILL fit a 5 speed lupo gti engine,

i know ive changed from a 5 to a 6,a straight fit

both 5 and 6 speed lupo gti boxes will fit your engine

I'm not sure but when I got my first engine sent it was a 5-speed engine and wouldn't fit to my gearbox. When I phoned up VW they told me that the Lupo and Polo had the same engine, but when the 6-speed Lupo came it out it was a whole new engine and box. So one engine was for the Polo and 5-speed Lupo and another for the 6-speed Lupo. If you buy a 5-speed engine for a 6-speed or vice versa they don't even come near to lining up to fit together.

Pictures of the centre caps

DSC_0029.jpg

I'm saying I bought a 5-speed engine and have a 6-speed Lupo and had this problem, and what I'm saying is exactly what VW told me when I asked why the fitting to fit the gearbox was in different place on the 5-speed engine compared to the 6-speed. Just saying that in case when someone buys it and may have that problem can't say I didn't warn them ha.