Lupo GTI convenience unit

Breezey

Right, why does the colour code matter?, the car in question is a jazz blue 2001 lupo tdi im just wanting to swap over the convenience unit so i can get remote central locking, i know the new unit will need recoding with vag com which i have acces too so thats not a problem.

Right, why does the colour code matter?, the car in question is a jazz blue 2001 lupo tdi im just wanting to swap over the convenience unit so i can get remote central locking, i know the new unit will need recoding with vag com which i have acces too so thats not a problem.

It's not a literal colour code. It just gives the attributes of the individual module.

E.g Control unit for central locking with alarm, control unit for central locking with alarm and interior space surveillance, no central locking, also each has a speficied radio frequency etc.

But which suffix code you need, I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure that there is more to it than just swapping the ecu over, as there are aerials for the remote fobs, wiring, interior sensors ect.... its never something that we would retrofit at a dealer to be honest..

the part number for a 2003 GTI (in)convenience ecu is 1c0 962 258 ab 016 and retails at £231.76 inc vat

Edited by lupogtiboy

Cheers guys, yea i know the remote sensor would need adding but i cant see much else, delaers dont retrofit anything ive tried before :P even upgrading the can bus gateway on my mk5 golf was a right PITA no one wanted to help, in the end i just went for it and did it myself.

Edited by Breezey