rear speakers

Hellsbells

Hi rear speakers are a right game to install.

More the fact you have to take masive trim pannles off (some people even take the back seats out). The wiring is not all there you need a connector (I think it is a mk5 golf speaker addaptor) it took me I think 2 days to fit both properly I also had to get some special screws from halfords. I think I used 17" but I am not sure I still have all the gear I used + a few pics that might help, I was going to do a how too guide but I traded in my Fox so did not bother. Hope this helps message me if you need more help (I am not with my laptop hence the no paragraph page of words iPhones arent grate for this kind of thing)

J

Hi rear speakers are a right game to install.

More the fact you have to take masive trim pannles off (some people even take the back seats out). The wiring is not all there you need a connector (I think it is a mk5 golf speaker addaptor) it took me I think 2 days to fit both properly I also had to get some special screws from halfords. I think I used 17" but I am not sure I still have all the gear I used + a few pics that might help, I was going to do a how too guide but I traded in my Fox so did not bother. Hope this helps message me if you need more help (I am not with my laptop hence the no paragraph page of words iPhones arent grate for this kind of thing)

J

OK so these connectors b712_2.jpgI think they are mk5 golf connectors they fit on to DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

This is what the panel looks like from the back as you can see there are quite a few black connectors these pull off and one slides off (hopefully you have an urban Fox with the sliding seats as you will need to move them forward and back to get the panel off).

I lost at least two of these and broke the top clip at the top so the panel never fitted quite right after that, the biggest problem is at the bottom there is the biggest clip (the big bit on the panel top right this is actually at the bottom near the seat-belt when it is in the car) on the car attached to a very flimsy clip at the bottom of the trim I broke one on the install an the other on the uninstall.

My speakers are 16 cm ones Kicker DS650'S they seemed a little big though but they fitted ok

100_0819.jpg100_0818.jpg

You also need something like these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_162297_langId_-1_categoryId_165562 too hold them on, they do them with the screws all in one bag you need 8 in total.

So in summery it will take a while it will cost quite a bit and may brake the trim in the car if your happy with that, good luck if not just turn the music up.

O don't bother with the front speakers you have to remove door panels and drill out rivets and wire the speakers in as they have an even weirder shaped connector than the back ones. I tried it it took an age to put the door cards back on.

Hope this helps

J

Edited by FLO7LXJ

OK so these connectors b712_2.jpgI think they are mk5 golf connectors they fit on to DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

This is what the panel looks like from the back as you can see there are quite a few black connectors these pull off and one slides off (hopefully you have an urban Fox with the sliding seats as you will need to move them forward and back to get the panel off).

I lost at least two of these and broke the top clip at the top so the panel never fitted quite right after that, the biggest problem is at the bottom there is the biggest clip (the big bit on the panel top right this is actually at the bottom near the seat-belt when it is in the car) on the car attached to a very flimsy clip at the bottom of the trim I broke one on the install an the other on the uninstall.

My speakers are 16 cm ones Kicker DS650'S they seemed a little big though but they fitted ok

100_0819.jpg100_0818.jpg

You also need something like these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_162297_langId_-1_categoryId_165562 too hold them on, they do them with the screws all in one bag you need 8 in total.

So in summery it will take a while it will cost quite a bit and may brake the trim in the car if your happy with that, good luck if not just turn the music up.

O don't bother with the front speakers you have to remove door panels and drill out rivets and wire the speakers in as they have an even weirder shaped connector than the back ones. I tried it it took an age to put the door cards back on.

Hope this helps

J

J that's brill, thanks very much for posting the pics and info. I'll pass it on and see what he thinks.

Helen

• 3 weeks later...

I found it very easy to upgrade front speakers and didnt need to drill out any rivets, i just solderd the wires into the connector that was already their. As for the rear speakers i used the same mk5 golf connectors, but i only removed half the door card, i then added 6x9's and just soldered them to the connectors again.

• 4 months later...