EPC..? No more brake lights..

Could either be a fuse blown, or the break light switch may have gone.

Probably worth looking at the fuse option first. Think its a 15amp fuse on the top row, can't remember which one it is exactly as mine is slightly different but on the back of the fuse cover theres a sticker which should give you an idea, you'll be able to see which fuse has blown if any.

If it is this simply replace it, you may need to get the fault code wiped by plugging into vagcom, if not i'd assume its break light switch, cheap enough and easy enough to replace, let us know how you get on.

brake light switch more than likely buddy as been said, their £10-£15 from the dealer and doesnt take long to change (is above the brake pedal on the pedal box).

And also as said will need vagcom/ scanner to clear the error code which puts the epc light on.

Iv got this right now! I had no breaklights then changed the break switch and now when I turn my lights on, the passenger side stays on, and drivers side and spoiler brake light nothing no lights with pressing the brake?????! Any help to fix this as I can't go out after dark as dont wanna cause an accident or get smashed into

Thanks gareth

May be a slightly simple reply by have you checked the bulbs recently V3 1UPO? worth a look if you haven't lol. Come to think of it my spoiler brake light isn't working either, i'll have to have a look at mine lol

May be a slightly simple reply by have you checked the bulbs recently V3 1UPO? worth a look if you haven't lol. Come to think of it my spoiler brake light isn't working either, i'll have to have a look at mine lol

I had bulbs out on third brake light so replaced them and possibly never sealed it up the best Wud washer spray getting into it cause this? I would of thort all my brake lights wud go off other than just leaving me with 1 staying on all the time wen my lights are switched on???? Got me baffled it has!!!

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but....I had the same problem and it was the brake switch in the end. Got the switch replaced and the lights are working and the EPC light went away. But it came back the next day, took it to the garage and it was the same fault code as before (to do with the brake lights). They cleared it, and now its come back again =/

HELP

=)