Adam's Canica Mk2 Arosa | Sold!! BMW E30 Touring now!

Adam R4

the only argument for not having a canica blue arosa must be people saying "thats a lovely white car you've got" gggrrrr "its f***ing blue!!!!"

:rant: lol

Well, today I put my mud flaps on the front ready for the wetter weather...but I'm so low they sit 5-10mm of the road and scrape like you wouldn't belive, and stink of melting plastic...

7944533742_fcc4c39101.jpg

Flaps by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

Has anyone shortened there mud flaps before?

Adam ^_^

• Like 1

Well, today I put my mud flaps on the front ready for the wetter weather...but I'm so low they sit 5-10mm of the road and scrape like you wouldn't belive, and stink of melting plastic...

7944533742_fcc4c39101.jpg

Flaps by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

Has anyone shortened there mud flaps before?

Adam ^_^

Oscars was half the size of that after 6 months lol

think there still on him now

Well this morning I trimmed half an inch off the bottom of the front mud flaps with a Stanley knife, leaving a clean cut, and maintiaining the factory look of them too :)

7949518446_a72ffd52ca.jpg

Untitled by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

I also dug out my rear mud flaps, as I thought I'd have a go at a repair, the badges on them had cracked and broken up due to age, so I applied a circular carbon patch, and I had a friend make up some seat badges for me, there cut from the same vinyl as a front number plate, making them reflective at night ^_^

7949539094_381f542390.jpg

Brokedid badge :( by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

The finished product..

7949525198_9e6741c294.jpg

Custom badge by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

All flapped up :)

7949508990_8659a94104.jpg

Adam ^_^

just read this whole tread. amazing clean car mate :) :). reading this really makes me want to do more to my arosa, but all i do at the moment is clean clean cleaaan haha. not seen you on the M6 at night recently haha

Top work as ever Pal!

Cheers Joe! :)

Tidy

Thanks mate ^_^

just read this whole tread. amazing clean car mate :) :). reading this really makes me want to do more to my arosa, but all i do at the moment is clean clean cleaaan haha. not seen you on the M6 at night recently haha

Hehe thanks, and I'm on there every night at about 11-12 on my way home from the girlfriends so I'm surprised we've not crossed tracks more often :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I've been having some running issues lately..

..Since I bought my car over a year ago it's always had a slight whistle at around 1900rpm when under load, but recently in the colder mornings it's become louder throughout the rev range in which it's driven in, then later on today it started to make a groaning sounds, quiet at first then increasing when accelerating from junctions through first to around third.

Then a whistling sound came about like a turbo on boost, this came at about 1500-2000rpm in each gear when accelerating and went away when I got moving and eased the throttle a little, on the way home from the girlfriends it started to sound like a can in a bike tyre, I dabbed the throttle to try and clear this 'noise' and it cleared it, and then as it dropped to idle it came back, worse, and constant until I pulled over about half a mile along the road, I lifted the bonnet and it was rattling like mad, I stood for a while, poked around with what I had and made the decision that it was the alternator making the noise.

So the next day at work I pulled it into the workshop on my dinner hour and removed the alternator..

8102447689_7ed1c17a6d.jpg

Untitled by Ralphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

I took it off and span It in my hand, it was horrendous, it had only been fitted feb 2011 when I bought the car and the reason for it failing is that the two bolts holding it to the block where hardly tight, whether whoever fitted it hadn't tightened them fully of they've vibrated lose I put this down the reason of failure to the bearings..

8102460682_a8c2c7ee9d.jpg

I took it to the local alternator place and they quoted me £35 to replace the bearings, 4 hours later I phoned up to see what was happening and they told me the brushed where finished, which where making the grinding sound...

..I bought a recon unit off of them for £65+ vat and fitted it all on my next lunch hour :)

8102448319_7680ec1015.jpg

I've been looking into 14" wheel trims, oem ones of course, I think I've found some but I need to try them and wait till pay day to buy them..any suggestions?

Adam ^_^

A couple of recent 'hipster' pics..

8106426009_83f25c1e50.jpg

8106427669_c4043f3044.jpg

8106441808_961a161366.jpg

And with my mates loop

8106440666_5a812a4ea3.jpg

8106426815_bb093d657c.jpg

8106437078_9ff7a1db20.jpg

Thanks all, Adam ^_^

• Like 1

this is the ultimate thread! have re-read it like 3 times, makes me so excited to get my arosa next year

• 1 month later...

So, it's almost the new year, I've got plans in mind for the Arosa as I'm now working full time, I've bought a set of wheels..15x7..not for me though unfortunately but for the girlfriends Arosa, here's some recent pics as I've not uploaded any for quite some time now!

It looked like this on Saturday after a hard week on the road..

8230134359_5f374ba122.jpg

8230137367_3269098200.jpg

And apparently polo's are better according to my back window, I disagree..

8231207960_ef69b61c6a.jpg

Then things began to come back to life, a full was inside and out, wax, dressing, the lot..

8231198526_04a353e375.jpg

The end result..

8231201536_ac98b2d575.jpg

8230144699_722e13d023.jpg

The old Auto Glym kit got a work out :)

8231203040_4da1e6948e.jpg

And then the usual..after dropping the gilfriend off I have this..

8230139413_763d80d833.jpg

A week before pay day, no moneys left at all :( and to add to my excitement..this..

8231203882_80e310b889.jpg

Soon got it fixed at work though free of charge :D

8230142769_3435ec2143.jpg

I had to use the rally car to get to work as me no moneys and Clive no petrols haha!

8231208868_e21e2aa0a7.jpg

And then this morning, we wernt just frozen on the outside..oh no...inside as well :/

8231209432_fae3ce2272.jpg

That's yer lot for now! Going to get Olivia's Arosa on her new wheels soon and get it sat right so expect updates from her!

Adam :)

Edited by Adam R4
  • Like 1

Well, I've been having some running issues lately..

..Since I bought my car over a year ago it's always had a slight whistle at around 1900rpm when under load, but recently in the colder mornings it's become louder throughout the rev range in which it's driven in, then later on today it started to make a groaning sounds, quiet at first then increasing when accelerating from junctions through first to around third.

Then a whistling sound came about like a turbo on boost, this came at about 1500-2000rpm in each gear when accelerating and went away when I got moving and eased the throttle a little, on the way home from the girlfriends it started to sound like a can in a bike tyre, I dabbed the throttle to try and clear this 'noise' and it cleared it, and then as it dropped to idle it came back, worse, and constant until I pulled over about half a mile along the road, I lifted the bonnet and it was rattling like mad, I stood for a while, poked around with what I had and made the decision that it was the alternator making the noise.

So the next day at work I pulled it into the workshop on my dinner hour and removed the alternator..

8102447689_7ed1c17a6d.jpg

I took it off and span It in my hand, it was horrendous, it had only been fitted feb 2011 when I bought the car and the reason for it failing is that the two bolts holding it to the block where hardly tight, whether whoever fitted it hadn't tightened them fully of they've vibrated lose I put this down the reason of failure to the bearings..

8102460682_a8c2c7ee9d.jpg

I took it to the local alternator place and they quoted me £35 to replace the bearings, 4 hours later I phoned up to see what was happening and they told me the brushed where finished, which where making the grinding sound...

..I bought a recon unit off of them for £65+ vat and fitted it all on my next lunch hour :)

8102448319_7680ec1015.jpg

I've been looking into 14" wheel trims, oem ones of course, I think I've found some but I need to try them and wait till pay day to buy them..any suggestions?

Adam ^_^

Did it sound kinda tractor like? Think I have the same problem, my car really doesn't sound like a petrol :(