Lupo 1,8t 20v conversion

Norpan

How did you get the cruise control working . I love this car you done good with it I can't wait for mine to be finished now Iv got time to start on it again .

I just burried myself in some wiring diagrams and then i took apart my brothers Audi A3 for some measuring and there it is.. : )

Thanks, i think your car is coming together really nice! Looking good : )

few questions Norpan, what power steering pipes did you use, and how did you wire the speedo?

I used the standard pump from the 1,4 engine and same goes for the pipes.. But do consider that mine i left hand drive..

The speedo is wired as standard, just made me an adapter cable from the standard Lupo loom to the 1,8t loom.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

And now the first real update this year!

Last saturday night ended with this mess : )

After doing some full throttle pulls to the revlimit on 5:th gear the little Lupo only ran on 3 cylinders...

This is what had happend...

Monday 7:30pm i started in the garage, this is what it looked like 8:48pm when the head came off.

cam00318.jpg

cam00322.jpg

cam00337.jpg

No compression on cylinder no 2 at all... A very burnt valve had taken the seat to he*l : )

Only one thing to do, scrap this head and find a new one...

One hour later a new smallport head from a audi s3 is in my garage, 3 valve bent thou...

Thusday afternoon was spent in the garage...

After som valve grinding and porting to match the largeport intake the head is on the engine.

cam00328.jpg

Wendsday is spent with the lady at home in the sofa.. : )

Thursday its garage day again!

All the boostpipes and hoses goes back in place and also the intake and electrical.

8:30pm it´s go for start and it does! : )

A testdrive for about 20km to see that all works well and it´s goodnight.

The Lupo runs like before, maybe som more power in the bottom end..

Now its just waiting for the largest Vw show in scandinaivia the 6:th of june..

Then its up for sale, I want something new to build.... maybe an Up! with 2,0Turbo and 4wd.. : )

Norpan where is the speedo pick up sensor is it in the gearbox? If it is does that mean that when I do my conversion and use a golf box should I then be able to run golf sized wheels, I'm planning on running 16's but I don't want a stupid 35 profile tyre as the pot holes around hear would wreck both wheel and tyre and I want to keep my speedo as accurate as possible.

Edited by CarnieVaile

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Norpan where is the speedo pick up sensor is it in the gearbox? If it is does that mean that when I do my conversion and use a golf box should I then be able to run golf sized wheels, I'm planning on running 16's but I don't want a stupid 35 profile tyre as the pot holes around hear would wreck both wheel and tyre and I want to keep my speedo as accurate as possible.

yes and yes