Lupo 1,8t 20v conversion

Norpan

Be good to see them on the car, are you keeping them silver or will you change them to white?

They are staying silver, white ones get dirty so fast : )

And here´s a picture for you from last evening when we were doing some remapping.

I ended up with 1,3bar boost and ~265hp

79201214401AMa813.jpg

c3201214441AM82db.jpg

Nothing a bit of poorboy wheel sealer wont cure lol

Black might look good too, match your roof etc.

I bet thats a handful but fun as hell!

I´ve tried it all, nothing really works on powdercoated white wheels : )

I´m not that into black wheels, they just dont stand out much from the car.....

It´s fun as hell : )

I like this ALOT! ;) Why didnt VW just make one of these from the factory :(

Thanks!

They didn´t make them cause it woulnd´t be as fun to build and own one then... : )

They didn´t make them cause it woulnd´t be as fun to build and own one then... : )

That's what I was thinking haha ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Looking mighty fine sir

Thanks, I´m doing my best to keep you happy :yes:

So tidy! .. good work bro! thanks for all your help in the past .. mine should be a daily soon! haha

Thanks!

You´re welcome, just let me know if you got any more questions

It´s really nice to be able to drive a Lupo 20v turbo as a daily, just so nice.... :yes:

I´ve been having some overboost problems the past weeks and it´s gotten worse every day so now it was

time to do something.

First i got my new subaru radiator for the intercooler installed and that all went well, a little trouble

finding space to fit it. But if you´re lack of space you just make space :yes:

II then focused on the boost trouble and started with mending a slightly burnt hose to the wastegate with no luck.

Then i switched the N75 valve to the one i used on last years setup and now I got a totally different boost curve with no

overboosting, much better!

So i ordered a new Audi Rs2 race N75 valve at work and now i can just wait to get it installed to see if I get

my boost back to normal.

Cars looking so good, i must confess to liking the old wheels better though.

was it a faulty valve do you think? I guess i know what your plans for the weekend are! lol

The white ones were nice too but i have better things to do than wash my wheels all the time. :)

It was a faulty valve i combination with better IC cooling and a tiny fault in the programming.

Me and my brother was out today doing some remapping and testing and it resulted in

1,3-1,4bar boost trough the revs, all nice and steady!

A bit more timing advance was added too and the car responded with beeing even more

agressive so.... :)

A bit more timing and a little leaner mix under boost and there will be som more Hk.

Vids! we need vids! :P

i was going to ask about what you used map wise, if you'd used a template map or done a custom live one.

Good to see you've done it right :D

And there will be some videos....hopefully soon : )

My brother is in to motronic 7.5 and he gave my car a custom tuning using "tuner pro"

and a flash program.

We used the software from a TT 225hp and put it into an old A3 ecu and went from there all custom.

It seems to work for now but as you say, you cant have enough Hp.... : )

Maybe it will be a GT28rs upgrade for next winter.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi how dose the (fly-by-wire) wire up is it from the pedal to the ECU and then the throttle body or dose it go through a fuse box?

I have a Cupra R lump and engine loom, all the mounts are done and shafts made. Im now starting the wiring im going to cut the wires on the original lupo loom. just stuck with the fly-by-wire!!!!!!!!!

Hi how dose the (fly-by-wire) wire up is it from the pedal to the ECU and then the throttle body or dose it go through a fuse box?

I have a Cupra R lump and engine loom, all the mounts are done and shafts made. Im now starting the wiring im going to cut the wires on the original lupo loom. just stuck with the fly-by-wire!!!!!!!!!

The wiring to the pedal goes in its own loom from the ecu, it pretty much all wires in the blue socket if you have that one

from the cupra.

Get a wiring diagram and follow that and it should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been some updates on the Lupo...

For starters, I got my new boostgauge mounted finally!

142201223920A7b5b.jpg

Also purchased a new woofer for my boombox : )

It´s a Gladen SQX 10", really nice quality and sound!

ac8201214520Acc04.jpg

cb8201214829Ad958.jpg

Edited by Norpan