Miss OLW's 1litre arosa - new interior with pics 09/02/12

one litre wonder ;)

hey guys, just thought that id start a wee thread for the other halfs wee arosa. We picked it up in december, myself and jamiea7x drove from glasgow to norfolk and back in 16 hours, yup thats 900miles in snow, rain, wind and all the rest of the weather we had! thanks jamiea7x !!!

its a 2001 Y reg 1.0S Seat Arosa mk2 phase1 in red.

its got the light grey interior at the moment but i think a dark interior is a plan that might go forward and came with the red rear lights. heres a few wee pics, exscuse the dirt lol!

DSC01541.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

however the red rears had faded a bit to pink so they were taken off today and replaced ( miss OLW's first time working on an arosa)

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

it has deff tidied up the back end.

only a few wee niggles, a warning light came up on the dash and stupidly in a blonde moment i was like thats the oil warning but it was actually the coolant warning. so topped that up today and that warning light went off ( engines got 130k on it so god knows when it was last touched so will just keep an eye on it ) and its developed the engine warning light flashing and a slight miss fire so im reconing a snapped spark plug causing the miss fire and the emissions light to flash. oh and a cracked front grill, so that needs replacing.

other than that its got remote central locking, leccy windows, JVC cd player so nice wee first car biggrin.gif

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice early Mk2 right there.

Do you still have the pink pizza tails Have been after a set for awhile.

If you are looking to convert the interior over to charcoal/black

I have my Black Mk1 Arosa sport 'Tetris' Trim seats and black door cars

I'm going to recover the door cards etc. So rather rip apart a set of the less desirable light grey door cards

than the factory black one's

delboy-davidbyrne.jpg

Nice early Mk2 right there.

Do you still have the pink pizza tails Have been after a set for awhile.

If you are looking to convert the interior over to charcoal/black

I have my Black Mk1 Arosa sport 'Tetris' Trim seats and black door cars

I'm going to recover the door cards etc. So rather rip apart a set of the less desirable light grey door cards

than the factory black one's

yeah thinking of converting it all over as the seats and that are a needing a damn good clean etc! how much you looking for for the dark interior? will say to the other half about the pink/red lights mate as i dont think shes bothered about keeping them so we could have a deal on our hands lol!

It's a tidy enough wee car wish I could say it was a joy driving it 450 miles with hessitant and reluctant acceleration but hey u owe me big guy ! Ha

dark interior would look so much better in ther than the light grey..

i know man, i need to get that sorted as its now not occasional hesitation, fired it up the other day and it sounded as if its only running on 3 cylinders... ill try new plugs and ht leads but if that fails im thinking find another scrap arosa and rip its heart out and do a heart transplant and swap the interiors over and then weigh in the scrap arosa and hopefully make a couple of quid off the shell

[quote name=one litre wonder ;)' timestamp='1295541617' post='883053]

i know man, i need to get that sorted as its now not occasional hesitation, fired it up the other day and it sounded as if its only running on 3 cylinders... ill try new plugs and ht leads but if that fails im thinking find another scrap arosa and rip its heart out and do a heart transplant and swap the interiors over and then weigh in the scrap arosa and hopefully make a couple of quid off the shell

• 6 months later...

righto, in short nothing has happend to this car for the last good few months, not even turned a wheel. Looks like the head has gone on it :(

so the plan of action, replace, replace, replace.

Miss OLW has named the car pepper, so pepper will be getting a heart transplant with a newer 1litre engine ( being picked up at the weekend )

the rear drums will more than likely have siezed but with having 131k on them they are being replaced with shiney new drums and shoes. so far the drums were picked up today and painted black so they dont rust

The front brakes were pish at the time and were tiny little 239mm bottle top 1litre brakes so the new brakes are Arosa Sport jobbies :D so Sam is sending me up some Polo GTi hubs with arosa sport calipers and carriers. Just need to order new slide pins and hub bolts etc

Suspension, thanks to jamiex its going be running lupo Sport suspension, which has been cleaned up and given a nice lick of black paint to tidy them up a bit. Also i took delivery today of new top mount rubbers, top mount bearings and ARB bushes as the exisitng ones will be donald ducked after so many miles.

not to sure wether to just do the wishbones at the same time and thats all the suspension rubbers done with new wishbones as well...

only last thing i need to sort out is the wheel issue.... the new brakes prob wont fit under the standard 14*5.5 alloys....

interior wise, the rear bench was pulled out and cleaned up well but the fronts didnt go exactly to plan and look slightly worse after a clean up .... either way we have some nice fabric to recover the headliner in :D

pics to follow :D

well thats me just got home after a 400mile round trip and new engine for a heart transplant now obtained :D :D just new bolts and a couple of bits and bobs and the work can start :D

minor/major disaster, the boot wasnt shut right and que 2inches of water in the footwell.... not good! managed to strip down the interior and dry it out, no damage other than some soggy sound proofing which is now on the radiator in the house drying :D

well the "rebuild" has started

the new drums painted up ready for fitting

Image070.jpg

new ARB bushes, top mounts and top mount bearings

Image093-1.jpg

cleaned up lupo sport shocks and springs

Image100.jpg

and the new engine, ive stripped down the outlet manifold, removed the Altenator and powerstearing pump as well. might need to remove the wiring harnes and use the cars original one as theres 3 wires been cut at the main plug so we will have to wait and see

Image101.jpg

Image095.jpg

well got stuck into it yesterday and got the suspension changed over ( thanks jamie for the shocks and springs ) so we are now on Lupo Sport shocks and springs, good thing as 3 out of the 4 shockies were blown. while it was all out i fitted the new top mount bearings and rubber top mounts.

some pics from the suspension change over

Image057-1.jpg

Image056-1.jpg

Image055-1.jpg

then the new front calipers, carriers and hubs arrived in the post today ( thanks Sam b ) , got them stripped down, sanded and the first coat of paint on them. Only problem is the wheel bearings are gone so will need to change them at the same time

nicely sanded back

Image086.jpg

Image0932.jpg

Image092-1.jpg

more pics soon :D

• 1 month later...

well the waiting for this car to be on the road again is amost over.

after faffing about with the engine that we picked up from newcastle and it turning out to be an ALD engine coded 1litre block, ive managed to source a 57k engine from a 2002 arosa that IS an AUC engine :D and best of all it was only 10miles from my house :D

so all the parts are either here or on there way

arrived so far,

sport hubs

sport carriers

sport calipers

new rear drums

new rear shoes

new 256x20 discs

new front pads

second hand engine with 57k on it ( only 80k less than the present engine lol! )

awaiting arrival by postman pat

timing belt and tensioner

alt belt

water pump

air filter

fuel filter

oil filter

2 wheel bearings

power stearing fluid

oil

brake fluid

coolant

:D :D almost there

some more progress, just waiting on the timing belt kit and the wheel bearings and its all go go go!!!

started prepping some of the parts ready for the engine swap, i wasnt joking when i said that the old engine had coughed up its oil into the air filters

IMG-20110927-00027.jpg

IMG-20110927-00029.jpg

IMG-20110927-00030.jpg

and the lovely puddles of oil in the box

IMG-20110927-00028.jpg

so the air box has been all cleaned up ready to rock and roll with new air filters

ok so today after work i made merry with the paint

the front hubs, a before and after

Image0862.jpg

the ALD engine about to be stripped for spairs

Image097.jpg

the new AUC engine built up

Image096.jpg

then i decided that the engine cover could do with a spruce up

Image0982.jpg

Image1022.jpg

Image1033.jpg

Image1043.jpg