Dirty Black 1.0l on 16" Montreal II's

xChris1609

Pasta baked / reverse raked :lol:

Also helpers make a massive difference to ride quality; as they are supposed to be fully compressed and act more for negative travel to unloading the tyre

at the moment i've found it comfier if a bit bouncier than with them in, felt like the front struts were solid with the helpers in, least now there is a bit of a suspension over bumps haha ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's because you still have an ARB.

did you see the bit on the Mclaren on Top Gear the other week ?

How they said it was comfier because it had no antiroll bar between the wheels, yeh that . :lol:

that's because you still have an ARB.

did you see the bit on the Mclaren on Top Gear the other week ?

How they said it was comfier because it had no antiroll bar between the wheels, yeh that . :lol:

haha let me guess yours didn't ast very long :lol:

Rota Aleica

They come in Dirty Stancing pink. lol

aleica_15x9_etmin15_pink_angle_s.jpg

i actually like them, but 15x8 et0 will equal more archwork and i just can't afford to get a roller again, the only other option would be to raise it up, and that ain't happening :lol:

i've been slightly inspired to go a different route, all i shall say is that they are 16" and i plan to get lower on them.

time will tell... :coffee:

won't be any updates till the bbs have gone..

KGrHqUOKj8E19L36ONBNgReKPJgw_3.jpg

very interested in these, 15x9 but et 36, so with 195/45's would fit reasonably well front and back

do i dare try run 15x9 all round :o :o

They won't work at that offset up front.

You'd need a atleast a 20mm spacer to make them have enough clearance on the inside edge.

That'd make them poke 26mm further out than a 15x8 et25 TH mono which imo already poke too much :lol:

however spaced 20mm and on the rear the 15x9's would sit pretty much the same as the GTA Alpine Turbine's sat on my Auto arosa. :shades:

Edited by Jowey

They won't work at that offset up front.

You'd need a atleast a 20mm spacer to make them have enough clearance on the inside edge.

That'd make them poke 26mm further out than a 15x8 et25 TH mono which imo already poke too much :lol:

however spaced 20mm and on the rear the 15x9's would sit pretty much the same as the GTA Alpine Turbine's sat on my Auto arosa. :shades:

yeah i realised that about 5 mins after posting haha, hence sticking with my original plan of 16"'s

16".. how many studs ? ;)

the 16's im after are 5x100.... i'll pm you my photoshop interpretation, cos i don't want to post it on here, cos me and ben have never seen it done before :shades:

• 7 months later...

I forgot to come on here, but for those who don't use dirty stancing, here is a slight update...

the lupo now sits helperless as before, wound down right to bottom but on 16 inch Montreal II alloys from a mk4 golf. (first time ive seen this done, feel free to prove me wrong)

These are fitted with 20mm adapters, 165/40/16 nankangs and painted RAL 7042, tarmac grey.

I didnt really want to post photos till id got everything done, but ah what the hell.

The back end still has to be sorted as i haven't been bothered to put my shorter springs back in yet...

af49e1ec.jpg?t=1331574294

c66152d6.jpg?t=1331574282

abdbfd25.jpg?t=1331392497

9c6e3573.jpg?t=1331392625

ff361d80.jpg?t=1331392631

theres a few things left on my to do list such as get bolt covers but youll see them updates after payday next week! :thumbsup:

oh and finally... I call bull**** to anyone with a 1l lupo who can't go lower cos 'they need a notch'... 16's no notch, no helpers and wound right to the bottom. and before anyone says ben has a 1l notched, he has custom front struts. :shades: