Dirty Black 1.0l on 16" Montreal II's

xChris1609

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while since i bought my lupo, so i thought i would start a build thread.

Anyway I'm Chris, 20 from west yorkshire/lancashire (on border) and i have owned my black 1.0l SE since October 2010.

The car isn't in perfect condition few scratches and stuff but nothing that won't be sorted in time.

I bought the car from an old couple so it started its life with me completely standard.

b5f08528.jpg

The only real photo i have from when id just taken the passenger side bump strip off.

Progress since then has begun.

Both side bump strips have been removed

Lowered 85mm on front, adjusterless on the rear

Refurbed the SE alloys, vw diamond black (running these as winters) and because i can't decide on what wheels i want.

Legal pressed plates

Black badges all round and lupo badge removed.

Subtle tint on front headlights (lamin-x)

Gun Smoke tint on front indicators (lamin-x)

Running 2 12" Jbl subwoofer's at 400 rms each powered by an 800 watt amp. (from my old car, and such a tight fit in boot)

How she currently stands:

cfc42e65.jpg

eacc9fdf.jpg

eeb2a2b2.jpg

e951b3a4.jpg

I have ordered smoked side repeaters aswell, they just haven't arrived yet. Also new centre caps for wheels that im waiting on.

Once these arrive i will take some photos with her cousin Laronda (max-West Yorks) on here, hopefully the coils will be settled by then as they were only fitted on Friday.

Future plans are minimal, colour code the bumper bottoms, smooth the front plate recess and then tidy the paintwork. The rest will just be a full new interior build biggrin.gif

And as for wheels i'm waaaay too picky i want something rare in 14", preferably polished or polish-able, not sure. wink.gif

Thanks for looking! updates will come as i progress with her wink.gif

Edited by xChris1609

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking sweet man murdered cars look the boom!!

Thanks man, it'll only get better.

looks tidy bud, but its stealth murderd out is matt black i beleive

Thanks, yeah i shoulda thought that topic title through really :P

That looks awesome man :D . I was thinking about lamin-xing my lights too, did you take the whole light unit out and what did you do with the indicators?

Lamin-x is fantastic stuff and really easy to do, ive done it on two lupo's now, the headlights you can do while they're on the car very easily, the indicators are much more difficult as there isnt a gap around then for you to tuck the laminx around, therefore for a perfect finish i would advise taking them out, as my indicators aren't perfect.

Looking good mate, get some pics of the boot!

Thinking about putting 2 12s in mine just want to see how tights tight :)

I'll get some pictures of the boot either later or tomorrow, its just a standard double 12" boot box, as thats how i bought it and fit easily in my old car, however because the amp is mounted on the back of my box, i have to have the rear seats knocked onto the front notch of the seat lock mechanism so that the amp doesnt overheat against the seats :D

bout time you lazy git haha

im rebalancing the cups tomo or tues and getting it back down to the ground

also gna do my camber and headliner for the weekend so should be rock n rolling in no time, mine on friday?

done 200/2000 words for uni assignment, cba with it haha its such bs but ill get it outta way by weds

bout time you lazy git haha

im rebalancing the cups tomo or tues and getting it back down to the ground

also gna do my camber and headliner for the weekend so should be rock n rolling in no time, mine on friday?

done 200/2000 words for uni assignment, cba with it haha its such bs but ill get it outta way by weds

You're a fool! haha

wanting me to help you sort your camber out? you rang to book the wheels in or you just gonna hope they'll do it there and then?

Yeah be no progress really on mine tho will there, haha ooooo smoked side repeaters and new centre caps. well exciting :coffee:

You're a fool! haha

wanting me to help you sort your camber out? you rang to book the wheels in or you just gonna hope they'll do it there and then?

Yeah be no progress really on mine tho will there, haha ooooo smoked side repeaters and new centre caps. well exciting :coffee:

nah i should beable to get it done, ill just get reece to hold the hubs back while i tighten the bolts up again

gna ring tomorrow for wheels, ask about tracking etc same time as well, and mams taking the subaru to the garage tomo so ill get a quote for bumper at same time (Y)

everyones a winner

get those rear lights lamin-xed for that proper murdered out look

I was contemplating this, as the bottom circle on them has now been lamin-x'ed red, but i think if i do them black it'll take away from the fact they are cambridge lights?

I may just do the indicator stripe in the darkest colour lamin-x though.

are those wheels 14"?

Yeah they're the standard lupo SE alloys, they're a good size for tuck at 14x6 but the offset is so high as they are 48.

And then with the ballooned 55 tyres, can't remember the width, they're too wide to space out as they would rub on the rear so bad haha. They'll do for winters though :D

Edited by xChris1609

Murdered out is cool! Your front end could be darker ;)

driveout.jpg

Is that gun smoke lamin-x?

that's what i've used on the indicators, chickened out of using it on the headlights at last minute when ordering haha

looks sick though on the arosa!

LITTLE UPDATE:

:)

261af9cc61ae73baf233fbda2b3c5cd13e4811cf133a9e18ac5b3d30cd72eb266g-tiltshift1.jpg

ground clearance....

d24d06a2.jpg

9bf9d2a7.jpg

Shontelle and Laronda

bros.jpg

Requested picture of the boot, i know it's nothing fancy or good but it's from my old car, really loud and only cost £80 :rolleyes:

94fea39d.jpg

Edited by xChris1609

Really like this apart from the audio :)

Cheers man, yeah i'm not too keen on how it fits, it is just too much, plan for summer is to make a neat build that isn't a chavvy looking monstrosity ;)

Picked up a present for her on tuesday.... new wheels

picked em up from a guy wanting shut in Huddersfield for a bargain!

BBS RZ 15x7 et 24 i believe ;p

and the pictures...

7f930146.jpg

e1a8391f.jpg

ad39ea8f.jpg

ef485622.jpg

They're pretty much flush fitment, maybe poke a mm, probs gonna try push 10mm spacers on the back :P

Plan is 165/50's and rolled arches so it can go low as possible.

Hopefully going to have the wheels done for early edition.... :coffee:

Edited by xChris1609

very nice, wheels look just right :wub:

Thanks man, a hell of alot of thought has gone into what wheels i actually wanted :)

decimate the weak

still love these, can you just hurry up and get some money so we can get em rubbered up!

as if you noticed i have that shirt on you noob :angry2:

it'll be before march i want em finished and rubbered.

soo fingers crossed B)