Car being weird?????

Sara

Just finished work came to the car - heard it was making a 'dinging' noise like if you leave your lights on and get out of the car. Blipped the key fob button and nothing happened.... did it again and it opened the car but all the lights were lit up on the instrumental panel. Drove back home no problems what so ever. Parked up and went inside nxt thing the alarm was going off. My BF went out to turn it off but the fob wouldn't work. After a few seconds the alarm stopped but all the lights were on the dash again?

Tried the key fob again and the car locked and unlocked? went to start the car and it wouldn't start... just turn over nothing else....

Could t be the key fob battery causing the fault

Right well its not the battery! just been to get a new car battery and a key fob battery put them both in few noise's happened went to lock the car.....nothing! the key doesn't work at all.

The EPC, Exhaust Emissions and hand brake lights are on constantly even with the key out????

Do you have any water ingress, or are your plenum drains blocked? On a passat misc gremlins like this are usually down to a soaked CCM module under the passenger side seat. Not sure where the lupo one is though. How are your battery connections? My pug's dash used to go mental every once in a while, was down to dirty battery terminals so not making a good connection.

The CCM module is behind the Fusebox on the drivers side part of the Dashboard.

Cool, ta. Guess it's probably not drowning, if it's located there.

Well my CCM has to be replaced - The symptons for mine were battery draining flat, the key fob wouldn't light up, when it did work the LED was perm on. The alarm would go off intermittently.

THe immo box is seperate though so the car would start but the actual car was a pig just because it made me look like I had stolen the car!

• 2 weeks later...