Broken Fox :-(

MissFox

Hello

New member posting here as I have drawn a blank everywhere else....

Crashed my newish Fox (10 reg) at start of Dec in the snow - fortunately not too much damage but needs a new bumper. However, this seems to be causing a massive problem. Garage have part on backorder but keep getting delivery dates that are not met - new date I have is 18th Feb but that is no way guaranteed!

Does anyone know if there are major problems getting Fox parts at the mo? I did a google search on this, could not provide much info but did come across a comment saying there is a year long waiting list - surely that can't be right?!

Really missing my Fox and fed up of driving inferior courtesy car (although I do appreciate I am lucky to have any wheels at all..)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!!

Hello

New member posting here as I have drawn a blank everywhere else....

Crashed my newish Fox (10 reg) at start of Dec in the snow - fortunately not too much damage but needs a new bumper. However, this seems to be causing a massive problem. Garage have part on backorder but keep getting delivery dates that are not met - new date I have is 18th Feb but that is no way guaranteed!

Does anyone know if there are major problems getting Fox parts at the mo? I did a google search on this, could not provide much info but did come across a comment saying there is a year long waiting list - surely that can't be right?!

Really missing my Fox and fed up of driving inferior courtesy car (although I do appreciate I am lucky to have any wheels at all..)

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!!

VW parts are normally on backorder.

It just depends how long the list is and how many people are in front of you in the backorder queue unfortunately!

Thanks for the replies everyone - am not terribly "with it" when it comes to the technical side of car ownership and am imagining the worst case scenarios at the moment (ie what if there are no more bumpers to be had ever again!! - pathetic I know!)

Thanks for the replies everyone - am not terribly "with it" when it comes to the technical side of car ownership and am imagining the worst case scenarios at the moment (ie what if there are no more bumpers to be had ever again!! - pathetic I know!)

What was the Loan car they gave you?

My Lupo GTi went into the garage to be repaired and they gave me a Fox - I hated it :lol:

On the Bumper note - There will be bumpers don't worry - Problem is we had some terrible weather for a prolonged period and there may have been a few owners that had front end damage - hence the backlog. But yours will be sorted in the meantime enjoy the fact that your car isn't getting any more miles on it at the moment :)

As someone else has already said you could send Lupoboz a PM and I'm sure he can have a quick look to confirm they are on back order and do an inter dealer check to see if there are any other dealerships with the bumper in stock. He is really helpful :)

Hi

Driving a Citreon C1 as a courtesy car at the mo - Fox is not at a VW garage due to complicated boring insurance reasons....still it gets me about so can't complain really!

Turns out there were production problems in Brazil with the bumpers which are now resolved and they are apparently now working to normal delivery times - we shall see! Hopefully have the Fox back sometime before the clocks go forward :-)

• 1 month later...