2011 Audi RS3

GtiJames

Am i the only person massively excited about this? Even though just shy of £40k is just crazy for what is essentially a hot hatch, its clearly going to be the hottest hatch we've ever seen! Keeping the Quattro 4WD system and mounting a 340bhp turboed 5 banger is gonna be a right laugh! There are plenty of big power S3's about, showing the chassis can handle the power, i wonder how much deep pocketed enthusiasts will be getting out of these?

rs3.jpg

way too expensive..... i would rather a normal s3 and a second hand S4 v8 to piss about in.... £40k is silly money

Yes joeadamou! Can't wait for the new quattro! Will be a beast!

The concept car looked like a mean A3 but if this is this finished product, it looks more like a nicer s5 :)

Yeah, the potential from them will be huge aswell! No massive V8 in the front, a lighter, turboed engine instead. Much easier to tune, less weight on the front wheels... Should be a right laugh!

I wouldn't touch any of the 2.7 Bi-Turbo audis. They are very prone to faults and for pretty much everything that goes wrong with them, the motor has to come out...

Loving the RS3 though! Should be immense! Can't wait to drive one!

I wouldn't touch any of the 2.7 Bi-Turbo audis. They are very prone to faults and for pretty much everything that goes wrong with them, the motor has to come out...

Loving the RS3 though! Should be immense! Can't wait to drive one!

Well I love em!! I have loadsa mates on audi-sport who have em and not had a single problem, apart from the usual stuff that you get with most performance cars i.e eating tyres! So ner ner ner nerrrrrr ner! Love yooooooooooooooooou!

Audi is trying to go back to the days of the first RS, originally RS models came with 2 oval pipes at the left hand side. The original RS2 and first RS4 both came this way. That being said all recent RS models have used the now customary large oval at either side and a return to the original.

Also, to reduce understeer the tyres on the front (235) are wider than the rear, that was done on some past Audis due to the engine placment!

Edit: 3-door may not appeare, heard rumors that the 3-door layout isn't up to scratch to cope with the new engine.

10421547081788174112.jpg

Edited by JamesTdi

I'm excited about this:

audi-quattro-returns_460x0w.jpg

Dunno what that is..

03-audi-quattro-concept-drive.jpg

cba explaining, read this!

"The sensation is perfect: Audi A hot quattro study of Paris Salon built in small series. During the fair attracted more than 150 orders a blind at Audi. As the Sport quattro could from the year 1984 new quattro be limited to 300 copies when it comes to the market late 2012. The price should be no less than 150,000 €.

On the first day in Paris have already 150 pre-orders, and for England only."

Shall be on sale by end of 2012 ;)

Edited by JamesTdi

When the "launch" first appeared on that website populated by the expertly informed and educated car owner, namely Pistonheads, the RS3 was raped. Everyone said that they'd either buy a secondhand 911 for that or moaned it was only in Sportback, that it was S-Tronic only, that it was still Haldex and not proper 4WD like the RS5, that they'd rather have a BMW 1 Series M Coupé etc etc. This is without a single car being in a dealer or being driven by one of these toss pots.

The BMW 1 Series M Coupé is then revealled in all its glory at a price to match the Audi's from £38k price tag. Further moans that it wasn't a reborn E30 M3 (I think the current M3 is the modern day equivalent, it being called the M3 ;) ), it was too heavy, too expensive, they'd either buy a secondhand 911 for that (that old chestnut again), blah blah blah.

The fact is that if you want a useful, fast hatch, then the RS3 is probably all one can go for. If you can spare a seat and luggage, buy a 1. Only people who want a used Porsche will buy a used Porsche. You cannot compare a used and probably abused (shudders at the number of Porsche engines we've handled from dealers) second hand Porsche with a showroom new car.

£38k is about right these days for a top of the range sports compact. A Ford Ka is close to £13k, not £5k as was the case a handful of years ago. I've tried to sensibly spec a Mini Countryman Cooper D All-4 and an X1 and cannot buy one for less than £30k new.

My only problem with the RS3 is that it has come too late and is clearly the model's last hurrah.

I believe the first pic is the actual production model whereas the pic you've provided is the concept.

First pic is a rendering, that is indeed the concept. But as Audi usually build the cars very close to the actual concept.