Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

Mate love the sound your Lupo makes, is it the airfilter/cone?

Thanks - yeh the filter is the dominant noise when you are driving, but i always believed that the engine should be louder than the exhaust. It is an apiro filter - ebay cheapy, but it is a much better sound than paper cones and breathes very well, and having the rubber 90 degree bend gives it some extra reverbrations. Cos the sport has vvt, the sound sudddenly starts when you build the revs beyond a point rather than having it the whole time. u have to get used to it so as not to make more noise than you want though during normal driving - but when driving properly it really gives the extra drama, the sound from the rear in the video (i assume u saw the lupos of tton one) is just the standard exhaust which actually sounds quite good all on its own.

The sports don't have VVT. I believe only Polo GTi's have VVT.

^ The Lupo gti does have 'vvt' but it does little to aid performance.. But your right the sport doesn't have it...

Mike

kk i was sure someone had mentioned it previously and i had assumed it had something of the sort as it definately has a significant step change throughout the revs. but it is that step i assumed i was referring to!

img0360w.jpg

img0371zi.jpg

img0374qc.jpg

img0375dt.jpg

img0379hf.jpg

img0386p.jpg

img0387zn.jpg

img0394rv.jpg

img0395i.jpg

img0398se.jpg

img0400gp.jpg

img0417ew.jpg

Met up with Scott in Plymouth and took my first ever shots in the dark with my new camera - took me quite a while to set up all the little things to a reasonable quality, think i still need more time to practice.

The streetlights also showed me how i desperately need to get the machine polisher out and do my car for once instead of just dad's.

R32 is now back at the bodyshop for 8 days - courtesey car is a 1.2 hyundai hatchback...

Had a cleaning session with Scott today and cleaned his mates C2 too. both cars are in desperate need of a full polish, but we couldnt do it all as the weather was a bit cold!

But here are the base results:

img8783q.jpg

img8784c.jpg

Also got my tracking sorted today, turns out the wonderful roads in plymouth had knocked the toe out by several degrees, all better now tho!

Edited by BEP51

• 2 weeks later...

Really chuffed today! R32 came back from the bodyshop, and though the car is covered in beading, the finish looks immaculate show standard, car is like a mirror without even a ripple in the laquer, seems it was given a full respray, even the mirrors were redone! and a brand new windscreen. Will upload some pics later and give it a thorough going over with a fine toothcomb when its been dried off in the garage.

:clap:

Pics :D

img9042q.jpg

img9072t.jpg

img9051k.jpg

img9046e.jpg

Looking great, only boot and rear bumper not resprayed, it seems everything else was repainted so no stone chips anywhere!

On another note the insurance company lawyers are struggling to catch the driver as the two companies, of which one is responsible, are hanging the phone up on the lawyers and ignoring emails. sound like pathetic lawyers to me... we may have to do our own detective work.

looks to be a good colour match too!

They didnt need to do much colourmatching cos they did the whole sides and doors and didnt blend into old paintwork, its all fresh and beautiful!

they even did the mirror covers, spoiler, side skirts and side strips as well as front bumper! new screen is nicely fitted too.

They cleaned the wheels for dad too. but we need to get new centrecaps for them, 4 new matching tyres, then replace interior door handles, then bring on next show season!

Edited by BEP51

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas pressie for me...

img9771p.jpg

inch long gauge and dent in the bonnet into the metal.

img9770m.jpg

The morror that took ages to repair and repaint intact but with a deep scratch and paint cracked away.

Yay.

No idea when it happenned, probs when parked in taunton :angry2:

Will be getting quotes for the repairs and resprays hopefully before i have to go back to uni, but i doubt it will be done by then :(

Edited by BEP51

• 5 weeks later...

So still not sorted the mirror and bonnet yet, soooo many niggling things to do on the car now :(

But anway, whilst trying to write an essay, i may have got distracted for a few hours, and gave the car a much needed clean!

Had 3 people stop and talk to me about how shiny it was :D and it makes all the other cars on the road look (even more) like s**t!

img0111if.jpg

img0112mm.jpg

img0115dxx.jpg