Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

I'm based in Totnes, be good to meet up for a photoshoot! need a bit of work doing first though otherwise i'd let the photos down haha

Mine's not that tidy - I wouldnt take it to shows or anything! :P Scottjohns is down here in plymouth too.

Nice mate, let me know when you're back. I am just at uni doing exams atm but am back May 20th.

PS I saw some borbet a's for sale the other day if you're still interested?

Cool, seen the A's, my mate Scott here in Plymouth has been messaging him about them but he doesnt reply to any messages?!?!

546177_355444291180684_242395915818856_1018955_1597055999_n.jpg

This 32 could look absolutely stunning if it was just 40-50mm higher, but no - it just looks **** another "performace car" runied.

I appreciate how fun low cars are, but I cant understand the desire to do this to a nice car that you buy for the engine...

Mmmm looks like Hulks R32. He lives around the corner from me and I think his car is stunning on air to be honest. It's stance works so well with the wheels, and the use of blue around the car from the brakes to the leather looks quality. and as its on air it can go "40-50mm" and being lower doesn't mean that it's going to lose power does it :0

And

Ben i ran a 6n splitter before i sold the car for a bit if you wanna have a look.

And with regard to the excessive lowerings - think about why a girl wears high heels ;)

Cool mate will have a look. I understand a car being low if it is slow and you have no desire to drive quickly anywhere and if you want to turn heads everywhere you go. But im not really an attention seeker and I intend to "let my hair down" every so often. Which u cant do safely 1.5" off the ground!

Mmmm looks like Hulks R32. He lives around the corner from me and I think his car is stunning on air to be honest. It's stance works so well with the wheels, and the use of blue around the car from the brakes to the leather looks quality. and as its on air it can go "40-50mm" and being lower doesn't mean that it's going to lose power does it :0

But thats not my point, im sure it is stunning, but he could have it on coilovers about 40mm down from standard height with epic handling, and the car would look aggressive and racey, but without turning so many heads. I cannot really understand the vast expenditure on something that makes your car worse? and to me it doesnt look better on the floor, it just looks "silly" and "childish" for want of better words.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg232/scaled.php?server=232&filename=7ur6rsut.jpg&res=landing

The car looks soo much better raised and (it may as well be static as air is a waste of money) people will look back in a few years time and give the car the same connotations and disrespect as people now give this sort of thing:

saxo%20titan.jpg

Performance orientated modification is the only car styling that never goes out of fashion, it just gets taken too far in differrent ways - overdone aerodynamic bodywork - now considered chavvy - soon it will be lowering suspension - starts as a performance mod - people overlowered - realised they overlowered stuff to an unusable height - inveted air suspension - its just all gone too far now - trying to get flashy wheels to fit - as wide as possible - results in massive camber ruining rear grip and a safety risk.

3.jpg?t=1287145802

I already look at SOME (not all) stupidly low vw's in the same way as chavvy saxos.

Take a look at RWB porsches, they look immense and low, but they can all get over speedbumps, the arches are deceptive, and the car can perform amazingly on tracks - its the way for cars to be styled in my opinion - a little bodywork (like saxos but not overdone) - a little lowering (for perfomance and everyday use not like a "show" car) - then subtle personalised styling to make a vehicle individual.

Thats my personal opinion - which everyone is entitled to, but it explains why my car is like it is.

Rant over :thumbup:

fair play, thats a good point ben. and youre right, as soon as i own a performance car i wont be dragging it anywhere. Even with the sport i wasnt planning on going much lower than you are now

Cool, how is your car doing ayway? last i heard cambelt had gone and u had the side stoved in by some idiot?

Cant find pics of yours with the splitter in your build thread? u able to link me some?

sold it as a whole a while back now mate! just saving for something else, not sure what yet.

i'll have a look...

Shame :( finding a sport - in yellow - was like a dream find for you.

313671_10150485724345937_753900936_10620900_67131174_n.jpg

I think that looks pretty good, my mate is going to let me blutac his in place next week to have a look, but he wont sell it so if I like it I will have to source one from a scrappy or clubpolo.

How did you go about fitting it?

Thats my personal opinion - which everyone is entitled to, but it explains why my car is like it is.

Rant over :thumbup:

does it still handle like a boat though. you can try as hard as want to make a lupo performance into corners but there just too **** into them. gtis are better into them but a non gti may aswell deck it or keep it standard

does it still handle like a boat though. you can try as hard as want to make a lupo performance into corners but there just too **** into them. gtis are better into them but a non gti may aswell deck it or keep it standard

Nope - definately not a barge :P I have never been in a car that grips better in corners, it does not understeer, most of the time it tends to leave black lines around corners from the rear outside tyre. Scott Johns on here has driven it in an empty car park where I set him the challenge of making the tyres slip on the tarmac without the use of the handbrake. However hard he drove it - and he did his very best - he could not do it - he even felt sick after trying!

The tyres (Yoko S-Drives) make a huge difference as well. That combined with AP Coils and the RARB on medium setting, (tyres front and rear at 30psi).

A standard Gti - I can 100% guaruntee - would not go round a corner quicker, even with its 10mm wider tyres - they are still set up by VW to understeer as it is considered safer than oversteer.

My sport has a lot less roll than the S tbf. The rubber band tyres will be helping of course, but I've had 3 people in the back (despite my protestation - overruled by Mrs Koop obviously :rolleyes:) & didn't destory my tyres so it's clearly a fair bit stiffer.

And yes it's very pointy & grippy & has only understeered once very slightly.

Oh & I'm on yokos too, they're bloody awesome!

Edited by Koop

Nope - definately not a barge :P I have never been in a car that grips better in corners, it does not understeer, most of the time it tends to leave black lines around corners from the rear outside tyre. Scott Johns on here has driven it in an empty car park where I set him the challenge of making the tyres slip on the tarmac without the use of the handbrake. However hard he drove it - and he did his very best - he could not do it - he even felt sick after trying!

The tyres (Yoko S-Drives) make a huge difference as well. That combined with AP Coils and the RARB on medium setting, (tyres front and rear at 30psi).

A standard Gti - I can 100% guaruntee - would not go round a corner quicker, even with its 10mm wider tyres - they are still set up by VW to understeer as it is considered safer than oversteer.

I want this challenge.

I want this challenge.

Come down to plymouth one evening - the car park by central park is bout 100m by 100m of open tarmac - and past 7pm it becomes completely empty.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi mate, saw your dads car today, looked good!

8d93af30.jpg

Thanks! - I didnt take any pics as i didnt want to get my camera soaked!

We ended up winning the class! - even though we hadnt cleaned the car since truro a month or so ago! we arrived, decided to enter, wiped it with a cloth and won! - after driving it all the way from Taunton as well! - i still thought it was filthy by my standards :P

Incredibly pleased, 2 wins at two shows! Castle Combe next month, will organise the Lupo stand again and track my lupo for the day and show and shine the .:R to try and make it a hat-trick!

Been at Stonor Park today, hadnt cleaned the car since the Truro Show 15/04/2012, decided to enter upon arrival, entered with other modded mk4/5/6, wiped it with a cloth and won! Very pleased - but the weather was awful!

P1040071.jpg

P1040077.jpg

P1040076.jpg

Above pics by 2678andy from the r32oc

248044_10150882255343542_1656272896_n.jpg

Current 2 trophy's! - Bring on Castle Combe to try to make it 3 wins!

Edited by BEP51

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally chose a set of wheels that I actually wanted, which also meant I could keep my tyres.
Bought these off ebay:
$T2eC16VHJIQE9qUHtHPeBQ3t1Ji!lg~~60_12.J

ATS 5-Stars / Hammers 14x6 et 33

Then refurbed them in unlaquered VW reflex silver for a satin finish. They had no curb marks whatsoever which is amazing for 15 year old wheels! Didn't like the hexagon caps that came with them so am currently awaiting some custom flatcaps which are being made locally and should be ready monday/tuesday.

Got them on and then after taking some more chunks out of my rear tyres decided that 15mm spacers had to come off :s
Then I wound down the front a bit and rear all the way and got a little bit of scrubbing on the front with bumps and hard cornering - so awaiting the use of the DDS arch roller to sort that before the fronts go down another 10-15mm, Scott Chenery is kindly picking me up some 5mm spacers to go on the rear that will go on when the arches are rolled - then the rear adjuster comes out altogether :P

Waiting to hear the result of a job interview 2moro, if successful, I want to get Yokohama A539 - 185/50/14 77V's for even more cornering fun :P

Here's what it looked like today after I spent a few hours giving the car a much needed machine polish:
575606_576539682369500_1598742826_n.jpg
480355_576539782369490_1958671217_n.jpg
13166_576539745702827_1241877266_n.jpg
426453_576539722369496_5250113_n.jpg
601643_576539715702830_770619006_n.jpg
150650_576539649036170_796850577_n.jpg
555931_576539615702840_1196572568_n.jpg
551325_576539612369507_289061274_n.jpg

Good job with the wheels pal and the cars looking clean.

Could I suggest and new polo aerial and one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aero-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-VW-Lupo-Seat-Arosa-/221037794354?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ALupo&hash=item3376e11432

Joe.