My Raven Blue GTi

micp

Thought I'd add one of these seems I've finally got my hands on one after owning a Clio 172 for a few years.

The Lupo is definitely a better build quality throughout and is saving me on fuel / insurance already so I can't complain!

Only got one snap of it at the minute due to the weather and not having much time out in it but I plan to clean it after the new year and get some proper snaps.

tumblr_le8zkcxXTE1qb8fp3o1_500.jpg

Currently it already has a few mods and I plan to do a few more things:

Currently:

FK Coiliovers

Cambridge Rears

280mm brake kit

Full Golf recaro interior

G60 steels

Plans:

Font and back black badges

Set of GTi Bathurts (currently looking and money waiting)

Whiteline Rear ARB

All suggestions / comments welcome :)

Edited by micp

As promised a few snaps from earlier today.

Managed to avoid the bad weather and was able to clean the car inside and out.

Recaro goodness. mmm.

car1.jpg

Another snap of the interior.

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

And the how low can you go snap!

car7.jpg

Edited by micp

Hey dude nice car I have the same colour! Its a head turner tbf many ppl who iv spole to haven't seen the raven blue before! So we're driving in style, :) the car looks in reali good nic anlot beter condition then mine,

I'm with 99hjhm not to fond of the wheels but that's us lol defo look awesome on standard wheels or slits :) keep up the gd work dude :)

Ritchie

Hey dude nice car I have the same colour! Its a head turner tbf many ppl who iv spole to haven't seen the raven blue before! So we're driving in style, :) the car looks in reali good nic anlot beter condition then mine,

I'm with 99hjhm not to fond of the wheels but that's us lol defo look awesome on standard wheels or slits :) keep up the gd work dude :)

Ritchie

Cheers mate.

Yeah I'd never seen a RB one before I got it. I'd only ever seen a silver one.

When I was looking I didn't even consider the blue but I'm so glad.

I'm after some standard Barthurts, gonna keep the current one's for my winter wheels.

Hah, just having a look at yours now, looks superb.

Yeah I'm after some standard Bathurts but there isn't any about at the minute. Maybe get them refurbed in Antracite, I can't decide.

I'll keep the current wheels though for the winter and the horrible salty roads because they clean up so easy! :)

Looks lovely! Raven is without doubt the best colour :)

Good luck with finding the wheels, I think the Bathursts look best on the GTi's so they'd be great for the shows.

I've had mine refurbed in White - not everyone's taste though lol - Anthracite will look awesome, it was one of the options I was looking at B)

Edit: Just noticed your mats, I have the same ones and I have blue Recaro's lol, if it wasn't for the steering wheel and the reg I'd be checking outside my house to make sure my car's still there!

See you at some shows :)

Edited by Sarah_Diamond

Haha, oh white, I never considered that! Please stop putting idea's in my head! :huh:

Yeah I'll make sure I get an interior snap of yours and then mine, can't believe how good the mats are, for some reason they clean up so well compared to previous types i've owned.

See you at the shows :)

Cheers dude.

Put this 'shop together earlier with an image I found on the net of one.

What's everyone think of the standard bathurts refurbed in an antracite colour and raven blue?

lupo_shop.jpg

Edited by micp

Really like that with the raven blue... I honestly think the bathursts are the best wheel suited to a GTi. I mean I do like BBS's etc but I don't necessarily think that they look any better as such, just different!

I've got a black GTi and am looking at wheels at the moment but to be honest I really don't know if I like any others enough to warrant the money so may just get them chromed and spend my life cleaning them B) .

Really like that with the raven blue... I honestly think the bathursts are the best wheel suited to a GTi. I mean I do like BBS's etc but I don't necessarily think that they look any better as such, just different!

I've got a black GTi and am looking at wheels at the moment but to be honest I really don't know if I like any others enough to warrant the money so may just get them chromed and spend my life cleaning them B) .

Cheers dude. Yeah I love the standard wheels, I've just got to get my hands on a pair.

You'll be forever cleaning the chrome! ;)

• 10 months later...

Not updated this for a while so I thought I'd finally do it seems I have a few things chaning and a few things in the pipeline for after Christmas.

So I've owned the loop for a year now, in that year I've put 7k on the clock, had it serviced and MOT'd which is flew through and generally kept it clean whilst I moved home and saved a few quid.

Here's the car as it stands at the minute:

car8.jpg

As you can see I've fitted dubmeister plates, add the red trim to the grill, GTI badge and the front badge has been sprayed satin black.

car9.jpg

Closer picture of the badges.

car10.jpg

Same for the rear of the car, everything looks as it did when I purchased it apart from the badge which has also been sprayed.

I've recently purchased these which I plan to add to the car over the winter. However, I cannot decide whether I should leave them silver or spray them in a black / grey colour.

car11.jpg

and I've also got these to fit after I've sorted the garage out so I have a little room to move around in.

car12.jpg

Future plans:

I've spoken to the guys at AAS about a custom exhaust system.

I'm looking for a BMC for the car.

Buy tyres and fit the barthursts (maybe get them refurbed in a colour).