My Raven Blue GTi

micp

"I've spoken to the guys at AAS about a custom exhaust system."

Lol, ...what did he say? I think I might just keep going back and forwards to him just to piss him off.

Nice car though, always liked raven blue!

• 4 weeks later...

"I've spoken to the guys at AAS about a custom exhaust system."

Lol, ...what did he say? I think I might just keep going back and forwards to him just to piss him off.

Nice car though, always liked raven blue!

Hah they'd do me a system but they said after doing Matty's they weren't looking forward to it.

Currently thinking of saving my losses and buying a Janspeed though, however I'm in need of a new flexi first and there's a few other little jobs I need to sort out.

To be fair to them, I am more than happy with the actual system. Its nothing short of perfect, It's just the after sales and general arrogance that is totally uncalled for.

I think the fact it was a lupo, at a low ride height that upset him somewhat... Lol

Just noticed the boot badge - looks cool!

Edited by payna

To be fair to them, I am more than happy with the actual system. Its nothing short of perfect, It's just the after sales and general arrogance that is totally uncalled for.

I think the fact it was a lupo, at a low ride height that upset him somewhat... Lol

Just noticed the boot badge - looks cool!

Ah so you've had a system done by them?

Cat-back of full system?

With moving in to my own home and stuff I'm thinking of saving the cash and just getting a janspeed or something similar.

Cheers!

Yeah, both me and Adam that used to be on here got a cat back at the same time.

...Not sure where his (1st) raven gti is now, very cool car though!

Janspeed should be a good buy, If I remember - there's a clip of jens gti on YouTube with the janspeed. Sounds pretty similar to mine too!

Yeah, both me and Adam that used to be on here got a cat back at the same time.

...Not sure where his (1st) raven gti is now, very cool car though!

Janspeed should be a good buy, If I remember - there's a clip of jens gti on YouTube with the janspeed. Sounds pretty similar to mine too!

Ah sweet.

I'll take a dig around YouTube now and see what I can find!

• 10 months later...

Been a while since I posted in here so a few little updates coming up -

Because of moving house I've not done much new to the car besides service it, a few little bits on maintenance and spray/fit my set of Bathurts.

Here's a few pictures from a recent clean.

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

Anyway - woke up on Friday morning to find out my other halves inability to drive caused this -

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

So I've spent most of yesterday and today getting quotes for the repairs. I've ordered a new rear light from Dale and I've got my local VW to order me a bumper in which should come Tuesday.

It should be going in to a bodyshop next week to have the back quarter pulled out and reshaped - needless to say I'm heartbroken and we're currently not speaking.

Because of that I've spent most of my day today in the garage refurbing my winter wheels -

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

I've also purchased myself a BMC-CDA to cheer me up which should be getting fitted once I've got everything else done! I'm looking for some metal piping for it so if anyone had any pictures of this done, or links to where I can find the piping I'd be greatful!

Hopefully the next update won't be so long away.

Hah! I'm just coming round to speaking to her again.

Bumper and light should arrive Tuesday - will be in the bodyshop to be painted and the back quarter sorted by Thursday so hopefully all back to normal by the weekend!

Hah, she's fine - she only hit it at about 5mph but somehow managed to mangle my car and only remove a little paint from her Audi.

Her banter was "the break usually automatically comes on if the parking sensors start going mad".

They're both booked in to the bodyshop next week to be fixed so I'm a happy man again.

Arosaproject - thanks for the heads up but I've already ordered one from my local VW.

Can't wait to get the thing fixed now. I finished refurbing my winter wheels yesterday afternoon and they've came out pretty well!

5040cd3e319411e28dc022000a1f8c21_7.jpg

Cheers lads.

Picked the new bumper today and the light came from Lupoboz.

Going in to the bodyshop next Monday now so everything should be sorted by next week.

Before / after smash pictures will be coming up.

0358fbe2340311e2952122000a1fbf2e_7.jpg

This arrived today, purchased for a good price from a member on here.

I'm going to give the filter a clean out then get myself some metal piping and an Oil catch tank.

Now I need to get looking at exhausts and manifolds.

Edited by micp

• 2 weeks later...

So, finally got the car back and everything has been sorted.

f0b9dee43edd11e2aadd22000a1fbd6a_7.jpg

Fitted the new Cambridge rear light and got frost bite.

Ordered myself a catch tank and some aluminum piping which came last week. Need a t-piece now but I'm looking for information on where to pick one up from!

Arrived home from work yesterday and my Janspeed I'd ordered had also arrived.

Plans over the next few days are to give the car a good wash and wax before we get any further in to the winter and fit the winter wheels.

• Like 1

Nice to see her looking good again. This is provided me with inspiration for my raven blue GTI. There can't be that many left in this colour. There was a guy breaking a raven blue GTI on ebay recently.

Edited by Raven