wont go in revere.

Widelupo

my gearbox has been leaking for some time now. so i decided to top it up. i loosened the two bolts on the bottom to empty the old oil but then i could in put the middle screw back in properly. and now i think thts caused my reverse gear not to work. y can i not fit the middle screw back in. is there a special y to put it in.

Are you putting the right screws in the right holes?

yeah i took the bottom one out which was longer. if i tighten the middle screw then i can get the gearstick to move. it odd how one screw can make tht much of a difference

what screws have you removed?? oh dear

the 2 screws on the gearbox. the bottom one is to remove the old oil i was curious what the middle one was for so i removed tht one. bt wen i tried putting the middle one back it wouldin go in fully. the more i tighted it the stiffer the gear stick became, so it sitting pretty loose. but the reverse gear doesnt work and all. it goes in to reverse bt doesnt revers the car. which is odd.

i drain from the large plug under driveshaft flange on passenger side, as said above this is why i was asking for pictures.

im sorry to say one bolt is for draining and the other retains something internally and needs a stripdown to rectify, i think it is part of the shift mechanism

i think you are spot on mate. thts y its not goin into reverse. is this gonna cost me alot.