rattle when starting up

mk3polocoupe

the oil level is ok,the cat has already been reaplced and the cambelt has already been done, weather its a heat shield for the exhaust im not sure, jst need sum one to point me in the right direction to keep my mind at ease lol

Edited by mk3polocoupe

• 3 weeks later...

the oil level is ok,the cat has already been reaplced and the cambelt has already been done, weather its a heat shield for the exhaust im not sure, jst need sum one to point me in the right direction to keep my mind at ease lol

thicker oil

but what do i know

• 3 weeks later...

I use 15w-40...is that bad lol? the nosie could be tappets? i get it when its on a cold start up

I think thats too thick. if you are using this oil i suggest you let the car run for a few mins before driving to let the oil warm up and get thinner. Or just drain it out. hope this helps.

I always let my engine warm up before I drive it anywhere :) And the reason I use thicker oil is because my seals are worn so takes longer for the oil to burn but some how the thick oil has sealed the worn parts up and stopped burning oil lol! bonus

I use 15w-40...is that bad lol? the nosie could be tappets? i get it when its on a cold start up

Try using a 5w-40/0w-40, thinner on start up so circulates quicker, but just as thick when at operating temp