GTI on Air & S10 Minitruck

jjjkkk

Looks like a wacky photoshop lol :thumbup:

Got any of it at the hight you drive it?

Haha, thanks!

I can take you one if ya really want, but basically imagine it 0.5" higher and that'll be it. When I want to make a turn, I raise the front to get more room, otherwise the rims hit the arches and I really mean rims, not tyres haha!

EDIT: Oh and the car handles sooo differently than before, I'm really falling in love once again. I donno if it's cause the wheelbase has been grown +1" longer than it was, or because of the new bags, or new driving PSI pressure or what but I like it!

Edited by jjjkkk

props for getting it to sit so good on the new wheels, i agree it looks awesome but i just couldnt live with it day to day after all a gti is built to be driven hard and handle, raising the front to turn corners thats a little to much like hard work for me! hardcore never the less

Just raise it up a little bit more and you can race all day long if it's what you want. Today I'm laughing about the idea I had 3 years ago, that my first car (The Lupo) should be a car I could use on track etc. LOL! Then I saw a few lowered cars, met some wrong people, and now I got one of the most lowest and slowest GTI's on planet and couldn't be more happy about it!

There's no life like lowlife

Just raise it up a little bit more and you can race all day long if it's what you want. Today I'm laughing about the idea I had 3 years ago, that my first car (The Lupo) should be a car I could use on track etc. LOL! Then I saw a few lowered cars, met some wrong people, and now I got one of the most lowest and slowest GTI's on planet and couldn't be more happy about it!

;) the only way to be :D

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure I'm opening myself up to abuse here but an old man and frankly... I don't care. Lol

Your car is low if ya drive it low. It might as well be a paper weight if ya don't. Static sucks big time. Yawn.

Don't get me wrong I'd cut bits of my body off to own this car. But when you have to adjust things just to drive it then it isn't really low is it???

I've seen mini trucks and lowriders who actually drive with sills on the floor that's really low. Let's see someone brave enough to tuck rim while they cruz. That's the real **** right there.

Cars are made to be driven.

This is my opinion. Let the abuse begin...

Pretty sure I'm opening myself up to abuse here but an old man and frankly... I don't care. Lol

Your car is low if ya drive it low. It might as well be a paper weight if ya don't. Static sucks big time. Yawn.

Don't get me wrong I'd cut bits of my body off to own this car. But when you have to adjust things just to drive it then it isn't really low is it???

I've seen mini trucks and lowriders who actually drive with sills on the floor that's really low. Let's see someone brave enough to tuck rim while they cruz. That's the real **** right there.

Put Pics of your car up like this then or GTFO!!!

Can't have a Lupo like that. You have seen pick up trucks having door sills floored, that's because you are able to bodydrop them. And get them even doored if bodydrop ain't enough. New cars like Lupo you can't. And that's why I'd like to own a pickup one day.

I just can't see how you can ride them like that but you cannot ride this?? They scrape as much as this and they cannot turn either when wheels are tucked in, just like the Lupo here. Or whatever properly air rided car for that matter.

I don't understand your point I'm affraid.

Edited by jjjkkk

Well done mini trucks don't scrape and they do turn.

Any car can be body dropped!

Just wish someone would run this low without air or hydro's. Hmmm I guess I'm just a old man with a passion for cars that run low not just park up and then get low.

I appreciate the work in this car. I love way it looks and I'm probly just in a bad mood but 'really' low cars stay that way all the time.

Am I jealous? Hell yeah.

Does this car get driven to the shops that low? I doubt it.

Do I have a point? I doubt it.

Do I need help? Probably.

Do I care? Nope.

You DO know cars like old pick ups have separate body AND frame? Putting body closer to frame makes them go lower and that's called body dropping. How you body drop a car with one piece frame and body?

Moving the body lower on a separate frame is called channelling. Cutting the floor out of your car and welding it back in higher up inside the body is called body dropping. Yes I'm fully aware that trucks have separate chassis.

I like this car a lot.

Just wish it was driven that low.

St4rosa - what are you gaining by writing this on this thread... start a new thread if you want to discuss this because tbh it just is polluting this thread of a car that to be fair is one of my favourites on the site and i and a lot of others on this forum admire his work in geting the lupo this low..........

Edited by niallod

lol quality, i love it tbh.