GTI on Air & S10 Minitruck

jjjkkk

FFFSS! Had this crazy idea and pisses me of I don't have enough money to make it happen anytime soon. I've been planning to shave and clean up the engine bay, and yesterday we found out it would be quite easy to drop the car more by lifting up the whole subframe a few inches. I just lack some cash because these both things need to be done at the same time... This point we're only gonna raise up the engine to avoid scraping my oil pan and manifold too much.

they are the exact tyres im planning to fit to the 17's ;) but i'll be running it static and slammed ;)

:D

Looks ****ing ace though man!!! <3

Sounds sweet!! What wheels you'll get? ^_^

I like it lowwww:

dsc00091fq.jpg

dsc00092vx.jpg

dsc00093re.jpg

dsc00094fn.jpg

The wheels are on. Everything rubs on everything, and there's a 60mm gap between the ground and the car. Needs serious modifications to get it slammed :yes:

dsc02772i.jpg

dsc02773s.jpg

dsc00088ud.jpg

dsc00089bc.jpg

Edited by jjjkkk

did you ever get the vinyls i sent?

Hell yeah, I have one on my windscreen! I thought I did send you a thank-you-message by email but guess it's lost :ermm: Most think I've done it by myself and they're amazed after I tell them DS is a real thing. Luv ya Ben <3

Oh, and thank you all for the feedback too!

With BMW's on, no, but that WILL be my driving height after the cars done. With my 14"'s on, it's driveable with 0 inches clearence if you don't mind the sparks and the sound of a scraping metal.

A funny thing. We thought the front would be the hard piece, but turns out the back is far more complicated. Rears need to go inside, 9mm per side. By turning down the wheel adapters, and the wheels itself (ET from +40 to +45) we can make this happen, luckily there's no need to modify hubs nor discs more or anything. Brake mount plates are the only piece needed to fabricate from scratch. They got a big part of dropping the rear end.

;) ..........I AM A FAN OF THIS PRODJECT ;)

:thumbsup::wub:

Did I say rear is complicated? LOL, rear is done and front might end up to be one big pain in my ass, and in my wallet too. We might, just might get away with it just by replacing the airbags to different brand but we'll see...

This is a time when I wonder why an earth I am so freaking obsessed... :tongueout:

EDIT:

Some fine tuning from my work...

Wheel adapters... 3mm turned out from here...

dsc00103as.jpg

1mm off from the backside:

dsc00101k.jpg

Adapter bolts. 8.5mm off

dsc00095aw.jpg

...Aaand 6mm off.

dsc00096ve.jpg

From ET40 to ET45. Nice!

dsc00099b.jpg

Edited by jjjkkk