GTI on Air & S10 Minitruck

jjjkkk

Any car with stretch tyres will handle like an elephant. Stick the correct width tyres on the correct rims and you'll get your little rocket. My gti handles very well on 205 tyres. Also, air suspension will not make for a good handling car.

Awesome looking car though!

I agree - but I never mentioned stretch :huh: I've only driven 3 lupos and I very nearly span one of them. None of them were running any stretch but all handled pretty poorly i thought.

I agree - but I never mentioned stretch :huh: I've only driven 3 lupos and I very nearly span one of them. None of them were running any stretch but all handled pretty poorly i thought.

It's because Lupo's rely very very heavily on the tires in a corner,

Cheap tires or the wrong tire pressures and they get a bit excited.

greatplates_installed.gif

Could do with some great plates to relocate the rear beam/trailing arm and get the rear wheel sitting in the middle of the arch again.

greatplates_without.gif

greatplates_with.gif

Yea I know THE plates, been thinking about them, but are there available a set for Lupo? Well I know there ain't, BUT would some of them fit?

Other option is to make my own set... Seems the great plates would put the car sit higher as well, not good.

I've not looked into them much at all, so not researched as to whether any of the plates already produced would fit.

Also they won't make the car higher at all they'll just make the beam closer to the floor.

As the beam is inverted on full drop, will make the rear tuck up more as there will be more clearance between the swing arm and underside of the car so possibly even more drop ?

It's because Lupo's rely very very heavily on the tires in a corner,

Cheap tires or the wrong tire pressures and they get a bit excited.

Yeah, that's true. I know 2 out of the 3 only had some jap crap tyres on, and i'm sure BEP51 will be along soon to tell us what the 3rd had! :)

I did however notice the difference between the standard suspension lupo, the slightly shorter springs lupo and the AP coilover sensibly lowered lupo.

Jake.

LOL guess what? Have heard NOTHING from the photographer who shot the Lupo for the issue. So no pictures to show I'm afraid :(

I'm taking the car back home today from winter storing! MOT has been expired, so hopefully I wont get pulled :coffee:

Tomorrow I'm heading to shop. Hopefully we'll install the Kam Racing's manifold and get this thing lowered more. Or atleast find out the cure of HOW to do it, so I can manufacture the necessary parts and do the lowering part later.

Ok I'm back. We did not lower it. Now I did first time see the car in daylight with new rear wheels on and it already goes lower than it did before. The front and back are equal now, don't want to break the balance by putting the rear sit lower.

Great Plates wont work because rear beam/trailing arm is welded into frame and not bolted on. BUT there is a way, I'm just not into it ATM. It requires hard work, and extra work for my car due to bags.

It's simple really, this joint...:

greatplates_installed.gif

...into eccentric ;)

154_0610_05_z+1997_jeep_wrangler_tj+stock_control_arms.jpg

What else... Yeah, Kam Racing's manifold is on! Dirty sounds, DIRTY!:lol:

Edited by jjjkkk

• 2 weeks later...