GTI on Air & S10 Minitruck

jjjkkk

Any tips how to mount these? I prefer not to modify the original rails. I have no problem modifying any other rails, I just want to keep some seats on while I'm working on the Recaros.

What about Mk4 Golf seat rails, would they be almost perfect fit straight from the start, or some Audi rails?

Not sure how you would get them to fit. dont know what the bases are like. probably a case of trial and error.

Have you had the car painted yet?

The base is like any other Recaro bottom mount base. I was just wondering is there any straight-fit rails available from another car.

I haven't, Piers, cannot afford a new paint job.

That's a risk I refuse to take. Pffft don't wanna wait any longer, I will chop Lupo's own rails tomorrow. If they aren't finished by evening, I'll drive home without seats on I don't care at this point.

Ok, first I tried "Bluloop's Recaro Sportster" - setup but the seat did set WAY too high. Now I have removed EVERYTHING from the rails and welded a Recaro frame on top of it from 25x25 pipe but I'm still not happy. Think I'm going to switch the frame from 25x25 tube to 30x4 flat steel, that way I can lower the seat by 21mm. Oh and the seat is attached to rails only with zipties atm, pretty sketchy.

• 2 weeks later...

Some random photos :)

New wing:

15Ewd.jpg

R.I.P. Bumper #2.

ln7iH.jpg

Hello bumper #3. Flying 500 bill means how much those GTi wings cost. I broke the other side tonight. Well technically I think I broke them both at the same time but this side went kaboom just now when I thought more fender rolling is needed. *Snap!*

ofxw0.jpg

MHQkh.jpg

Edited by jjjkkk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. Everybody's alright, and even the Lupo is kinda ok. I just cannot afford fixing it, since I'd need almost every part for the front end, both wings, bumper, bonnet, right side wishbone, RH driveshaft, a part of RH skirt, A-pilar needs pulling, etc etc etc.

He's not dead by no means, maybe someone else might be able to fix him, or I can, but not for now, and not for next year.

YES I'm really well pissed man, we were just gonna make it the most lowest GTi ever made on 17s and then this did happen.