Pulling to left

There isnt anything obvious, I have had the car in the air and had a proper shufty.

Will get the alignment checked and go from there. If the subframe is fubar they should be able to tell straight away I would imagine

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Track rods are £80+ each from Lupoboz I think. I did get a quote. Can't see thats the cause anyway.

Get it on somebodys 4 wheel lazer wheel alignment, That will soon tell you if something is bent.

the garage should have done the tracking if theyve had the wishbones off.

garanteed it will be out.

whats your tyres like, tread wise and pressures?

it will drive **** if they are worn out like and if you got say a crap tyre on theleft and a good tyres on the right if you get me??

have you checked everything else for play etc..?

the garage should have done the tracking if theyve had the wishbones off.

garanteed it will be out.

whats your tyres like, tread wise and pressures?

it will drive **** if they are worn out like and if you got say a crap tyre on theleft and a good tyres on the right if you get me??

have you checked everything else for play etc..?

Yes, they tracked it up, need to get it on a computer controlled lazer rig though.

No issues with tyres, apart from they were on the wheels I bought and as such I dont know the history of them

wont make much difference whether you have it done on a computer one or just the little laser gauges like i got in work.

much be a bush gone somewhere or something.

u need to get everything checked make sure its all straight.

its a bit weird tbh.

wont make much difference whether you have it done on a computer one or just the little laser gauges like i got in work.

much be a bush gone somewhere or something.

u need to get everything checked make sure its all straight.

its a bit weird tbh.

I want a printout showing the geo, hence the computer comment.

I have replaced the wishbone bushes. May do TREs dependant on alignment results - or should I do them now anyway?

I'd get the geometry done first then take it from there, I didn't realise you hadn't had this checked already!

I've driven my car (after replacing the subframe) with so much negative camber on the left that it was off the scale on the computer print out! I also had a fair bit more than is advisable positive camber on the right and it pulled like hell but looked reasonably normal when parked up!

• 2 weeks later...

Alignment results are in...

Front

Camber -2.03 -1.57

Caster 1.37 1.38

Toe -0.01 -0.01

Rear

Camber -1.45 -1.28

Toe -0.04 -0.02

Guys boss was in and said they wouldnt let him adjust the aftermarket suspension (computer says no), but could half a degree of camber cause this?

Least there isnt anything up with the subframe etc.

There's nothing adjustable on the rear so if you really wanted to adjust it shims would be the only way to do it.

Personally I wouldn't bother doing the rear. I can't see why they wouldn't adjust the front though, quite pathetic some of the excuses some garages come up with!

There's nothing adjustable on the rear so if you really wanted to adjust it shims would be the only way to do it.

Personally I wouldn't bother doing the rear. I can't see why they wouldn't adjust the front though, quite pathetic some of the excuses some garages come up with!

They appeared to be undergoing some kind of inspection, wouldnt even let me on the shop floor!

I assumed they were H+S Nazis

Nothing can be that bent then.

£200 for a subframe! You mad!

I bought one on eBay for £60 and it's good condition :)

How do you know it's straight?

Been reading up online, and the general concensus is that the car should pull toward the side with the most positive camber, but mine does the opposite?

Usally does yes. adjust it your self a tiny bit, see if it makes any difference.

I had considered that, but Im not sure that Ill be able to crack the bolts, I would imagine they are on massively tight to prevent them moving as you drive. I only have spanners, the pikeys stole my scaffolding polo/breaker bar

• 1 month later...

And so the saga continues...

Now changed the front top mounts and bearings (one was split, though I was onto a winner there!) and the track rod ends to no gain.

The front passenger shock has started to leak, which is just adding to my misery. Could it be this that is causing all my problems?

So, to recap

Changed:

Tyres

Suspension alignment

Track rod ends

wishbones

wishbone bushes

top mounts & bearings

Seem Ok

hubs

wheel bearings

Needs Attention:

FNS shock

My love for the car

• 2 weeks later...

Gearbox mount arrived today, will fit that as soon as I get my jacks back. I dont even think it will make a difference, but Im past caring to be honest.

I am running out of things to replace here, and its really pissing me off.