Installing speakers into my boot.

Hey everyone :)

I'm new to the forums. Today I got a vw lupo 1l for crimbo :) (It was my bday on 24th)

I have some money saved up and I reserved Ministry of Sound MOSCA092B 6 x 9in 4 Way Speakers

41TVdYKXS7L.jpg

from argos to be picked up tomorrow.

I was wondering how hard it is to install these in the boot/tray thing.

I'm basically asking how do I wire these speakers up to the stereo etc

I can solder and stuff so thats not a problem.

If anyone can help and give me any advice on this it would be great :D

Mike.

Edited by Track01

If your wanting them on that little shelf that's like a parcel shelf but more like a flap, you need to make up a new parcel shelf from MDF.

Have a search, there's a how to I think.

As for wiring them up you can just hook them to the stereo as rear speakers. From readding on here I don't think this is the best was, if I read right you could do with a small amp to run them off that.

Someone will be along to tell you properly soon.

Oh and you could put them in your boot near the bottom, but my brother did this in his Astra he had and you couldn't really hear them. Fine for when he had his boot open and was at the back of the car or whatever, useless for when he was driving along.

thanks for the reply :) Yea I was planning on making the mdf shelf :)

Or I was just going to mount them at an angle on the shelf and drill holes through the shelf for the wires but I wasnt sure if that was a good idea.

I was also looking at Wharfedale In Car Radio with iPod Head Unit and Speaker http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9238213/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C15701034%7CCar+equipment+and+accessories%7C14418747/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418747%7CCar+CD+radios%7C22408193.htm

but I was thinking that the speakers that come with it would go in the front in the doors?

I am new to cars since I only just turned 17 & i have no idea about what the stereos can do.

Would I need an amp or something for the MoS speakers or would they be ok just replacing the rear speakers?

Any advise I can get on anything would be great :)

From the reviews ive looked at they make them sound like there pretty good but my lupo is blue & I wanted to get the speakers to match :)

If you have any ideas about speakers that are good for their money and are around £50 that would be great :)

You should get a new cd player that can be hooked up with a amp.. Get a amp, and connect the speakers to it.

No point in doing all the work to hook it up to the original system in the car.. Bad sound anyways.. If a pair of speakers is all you're getting, you should rather upgrade the speakers in the door!

Have you still got the receipt? i would recommend taking them back as they are utter utter crap. 6x9's are never a good idea, but ministry of sound?!?!?! :lol:

Take them back and get these

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4582.html

amp them up to a new head unit and you'll have a good sounding system. (sound deading is also required)