Snap on tools etc

scotty_82

imho snap on tools are way to overpriced, i use sealey or britool mainly for the tools and my box is superline pro and it works perfectly, being used every day for the past 9 months or so an iv so far had one socket break, it was on the end of a 30" breaker bar on a sily tight bolt but as it all comes from the tool man it was replaced as soon as he came to see me :D but like said halfords pro are good other then the ratchets being a bit weak ;)

I've got 99% Halfords pro stuff. It's a year old and has been used and abused building/fixing the Caterham and it's as good as the day I bought them. Lifetime guarantee means it doesn't matter if it breaks, and bits and bobs are pretty cheap, so if I ever need some bizarre imperial socket (happens quite a bit!) I can just pop down and pick it up cheap. Their torque wrenches are actually made by Beta tools and are better than many others that I've used.

Never used Snap-On, but from what I've heard, they're not worth the money these days. All the guys in the development workshop at work have Halfords....says it all really!

Ive had that set for almost 5 years, its taken some hellish abuse and never flackered. Highly reccomended from me!

I keep drooling over Snap-On tool box's but could never justify the price, so will have to make do with my superline pro box, which tbh is more than up to the job.

Only Snap-On item i have is a torque wrench, and it really is fantastic quality. But I only bought it cause it was stupidly cheap off a member on here

Edited by foxy

in work we use snap on blue point and kenerdy depending on the tools some snap on tooling arnt great for certain tooling

at home i use a range of snap on halfords and teng but as hodge says the halfords advanced tools are quite good socket set wise

swaped a breaker bar for me no problem :)

matt

the main thing id be looking for is a lifetime guarantee aslong as they are true to their word and replace it if you genuinely break it without abuse then why pay 30quid for a spanner when you get the same cover on a tenner spanner? ive got quite alot of snap on and bluepoint its ok but generally wouldnt say it was largely better than alot of cheaper gear. teng is a great price and great tools still got spanners and sockets from 15 years ago and they get abused as im a mechanic. snap on air tools steer clear of, fortune and not that good next time im getting new ones i will be getting ingersol rand. britool and sykes pickavant i rate, love their gear, strong reliable quality stuff. and as someone said ive heard theres a link between bluepoint tools and halfords tools. i heard the rachet spanners are identical but a fraction of the cost. other than that ive used signet spanners and sockets, their pretty good and cheap.