Trying to find a turbo build thread...

veedubdude

Ive given up using the search button... I just cannot find the thread if its still on here!

Around a year ago (ish, maybe longer??) there was thread put up about a yellow 1.4 16V lupo that had been turbo'd, with standalone management, and was running around 180bhp (i think?). It had small black five spoke splits on it too. Im after some info from the the thread... I thought the users name was 'jimbob'. But that could be a different username thats stuck in my head?

Does anyone have a link to the thread???

Cheers, Andy

Dub Jimbob's car was supercharged not turbocharged which is probably why you're struggling to find it!

To my knowledge the only turbocharged car one the forum, with the exception of 20V 1.8T's is Tigz's car... but its still not finished

Ha just found it but you beat me to it! Thanks for the help anyway :) Could have sworn it was turbo, oh well! Trying to get my turbo back on track and was seeing whether he had used forged internals or not, amazingly 195bhp on standard 1.4 internals! Interesting...

Edited by veedubdude

Nah it's not actually it surprisingly handles the road really well lol it spins up thru the gears tho will be goin thru Tyres like nobodys business he he gives ppl big shocks wen they put there foot down and look and I'm still there lol it's worth the money I spent just to have that big cheesy grin on my face as I go last them :-)

Mines 20v turbod but struggling to get pics up! If anyone can help me wud be appreciated got pics waiting it's running roughly about 240-250ish bhp it's a quick little thing and plenty of fun to drive

Whats the spec then?

Whats the spec then?

It's for sale in the 'for sale' section.

I don't understand how the 180BHP engine is kicking out '240-250BHP' though.

Edited by NOCK

• 4 weeks later...

It's for sale in the 'for sale' section.

I don't understand how the 180BHP engine is kicking out '240-250BHP' though.

Could be remapped, ks03 turbo, turn boost up. Exhaust. Downpipe. Easy to tune turbo cars :)

My friend has a Toledo 1.8t his was 180bhp, remapped it and gave him 219 just from remap.

mines 247 at the moment bfv code with ko4 you can tune 150 and 180 20v's quite easy they have a bigger ports as well compared to the vvt that the bam and bfv codes have

:)

• 2 months later...