Lupo 'ring times on GT5

Pete

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the soft tyres get hot too quickly. Saying that I didnt have the full LSD when I tried with them.

You use alot of negative camber, I'm gonna give that a go tonight. See what I can come up with, I reckon I can take about 3-5 sec off easily just removing a few errors but I don't think I'll get anywhere near your time!!

John

John I tried a lap with exactly the same settings as you then tweeked a couple things and even with an off managed to better my time by

nearly 5 seconds. Can't remember exactly what I changed but I think I fully stiffened both arbs, changed the gearing for a top speed around 160ish and changed the brake balancing heavier to the front. Nowhere near as much camber as hipwell though so I might try that next!

Leaderboard

Hipwell, GTI '01:- 7.29.348

CasperGTI, GTI '01:- 7.40.563

GtiJames:- 7.46.1

Hipwell, Cup Car '00:- 7.48.525

CasperGTI, GTI '01:- 7.49.823

GtiJames:- 7.51.3

Hipwell, Cup Car '00:- 7.52.320

scotty_82, Cup Car:- 7.55.267

CasperGTI, GTI '01:- 7.55.357

scotty_82 Cup Car:- 7.59.991

scotty_82, Cup Car:- 8.00.423

loopete, GTI '01:- 8.14.296

AwesomeAl, Cup Car '03:- 8.32.584

Kez1990, Cup Car '03:- 8.42.714

GtiJames, Cup Car:- 8.43

Aaawww you shouldn't have done that... More determined than ever now to snatch that silver medal from caspers sweaty controller hand lol! Think the golds safe though to be honest...

Really struggling with the soft tyres, can't get the suspension set up as good as it was on the medium tyres.

Taken another 3 seconds off my time, but not finished having a go yet

Soft tyres are better, they don't seem to wear doing time trial runs just like the fuel doesn't go down does it?

I think i'm at a disadvantage at the mo as my time was from a standing start in a lupo race! So i'll have to do a warm up lap and then a hot lap!

For the love of god I haven't seen one Gti come up in the used car sales. I have the Cup car though. :coffee:

Whats your User ID? I'll send you one the next time one comes up in my used car thingy... I seem to come across them all the time!

Nice time Al, especially in the Cup Car, you got a normal GTI to use? You will be able to get into the 7.40's.

That's a Normal Lupo GTI that one Matt. Just painted it a nice Sunflowery Yellow to make it stand out! :) It was going to be Sepang Bronze, but the 'Brake dust' coloured wheels wouldn't go with it :(

I think i'm at a disadvantage at the mo as my time was from a standing start in a lupo race! So i'll have to do a warm up lap and then a hot lap!

Pete, My 8:32 was in the Lupo Cup race also. :)

Edited by AwesomeAl

Grrr!! I fitted the wing and managed a 7.41 but shot wide on karousel and invalidated my time!!! I'll keep working on it but need to calm down abit, gonna try fiddling with the camber I think, got 1.5 front and 3 on rear, might loosen the roll bars up too, although I like it a bit twitchy!

Grrr!! I fitted the wing and managed a 7.41 but shot wide on karousel and invalidated my time!!! I'll keep working on it but need to calm down abit, gonna try fiddling with the camber I think, got 1.5 front and 3 on rear, might loosen the roll bars up too, although I like it a bit twitchy!

I find that if its too stiff you get a load of understeer when you put the power on, if its a bit softer this seems to be a bit less.

John