clean daily (SOLD) - update with my new VR pg.10

max West-York

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers

so what was up with the door? any pics?

well it looks like it had been opened into a wall by prev owner but when I had bought it was covered by those bump stop/guard things and I made the school boy error of not taking them off to have a look :coffee::rolleyes:

If you look at prev pics you can see a slight light difference right next to the drivers door handle where it had been cracked and slightly bent, fixed now though, no close up pics unfortunately! :P

After seeing this I'm guna have to get a retrim done now

;)

This is very nice! Not a fan of the dash but loving the trim!

it's a lot less lairy in real life ;D

yeah i meant arches lol, didnt realise they were flared that would explain it

yeahh the passengers side is a bit over flared at the edge because the first one I did :lol:

Tbh I think the trim in the dash looks spot on with the seats dude a nice silver pinstripe round the edges could look class

Cheers man, not to everyone's taste but its not as in your face in person

looks ok :(

nah trim looks much better in a silver car. my gf didnt send the paint till friday and didnt tell me sorry for that should be with you tomorrow.

ahh no worries pal I might have it re painted later because its ever so slightly off on the match because we were just doing it ourselves

hope you got the headrests okay? If not theyll be with you tomorrow too :P

• 4 weeks later...

Thats a nice motor mate same as mine sliver iv only got 24000 miles with full service but being 29 had a few people take the piss but lovely car looking for word to decking it on your coilovers that will be plenty low enough for ms I think due to gay speed bumps they put round my way now

Can't BELIVE how low you hot it speed bumps must be a right **** to get over lol and were I live we have a level crossing to get over but I want mine as low as your lol lovely looking motor tho hopefully have some pics of mine on soon once iv got them coilovers

You don't no of a good how to guide to fit coilover do ya ??? Or anyone on here must have pics lol

Can't BELIVE how low you hot it speed bumps must be a right **** to get over lol and were I live we have a level crossing to get over but I want mine as low as your lol lovely looking motor tho hopefully have some pics of mine on soon once iv got them coilovers

You don't no of a good how to guide to fit coilover do ya ??? Or anyone on here must have pics lol

in the 'how to' section theres a thread explaining how to fit coils

Bit of an update since my last one,

Chassis has been notched

APs to replace old TAs - 50mm lower front with helpers still in and 5mm left on the tread and 10mm lower on the back

Splitters been taken off

Compos have been repolished to get rid of all the lacquer chips from the previous factory finish diamond cut, now its easier for me to keep up to :)

Anyway,

VW fest was this weekend and was awesome,

Still looking for pictures of mine, we hardly took any of our own cars when we were there, feel free to post pics in here if you have any!

This is all I have atm

vwfest2-1.jpg

vwfest4.jpg

vwfest6.jpg

vwfest1.jpg

vwfest3.jpg

Front doesn't scrub at all, apart from the wheels bottoming out on the shell inside the arch on really bad bumps

Backs rub on bumps but just need to get rid of my bumper mounts to sort that so all in due time :)

Didn't have much time to clean the car as I literally finished the Saturday morning and had to drive over so didn't even rinse it down, so it was pretty dirty at the festival :P

Loved the cleanest and simplicity of this :D

Cheers man, trying to keep it looking clean and understated (ish :cheeky: )

Looked so good at vw festival mate. Was just wondering which model rs the seats are from and how much work to the subframes was required?

thanks, they're from an rs turbo bud

I wouldn't be able to tell you because I part ex'd the seats for mine, They're custom build and mounted as low as possible though (whilst still being adjustable)

Found a few more pics too!

vwfest9.jpg

vwfest8.jpg

vwfest7.jpg

EDIT: MORE PICS

vwfest17.jpg

vwfest16.jpg

vwfest15.jpg

vwfest12.jpg

Edited by max West-York

Wow!! Love it <3

cheers :)

Well, looks like I've managed to somehow twist the ARB and snap the mounts so its hanging below the subframe atm haha

Taking that out today and changed my discs/pads, coilpack and all the filters

Then taking her out of MOT mode since everything's been fixed!

Might get some pictures this weekend that aren't on grass :P

less=more , love it

;)

your car looked so simple but looked awsome and loving the interior

thanks man, I prefer a simple car!

Well, managed to (sort of) fix my arb instead of having to take it out

changed fuel and air filter but my supplier's given me the wrong bloody brake pads so they're going back, also, made the school boy error of not picking up new oil to change the oil filter too

So the rest of the work has to wait til thurs since I'm working mon-weds!

So all new pencil coils, oil change and filter and new discs and pads on thurs, serviced and ready for mot time in a few weeks :)