clean daily (SOLD) - update with my new VR pg.10

max West-York

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little update, sorry for picture quality, iphone is broken atm and I'm using an old sony ericsson haha :(

Summer stance, sills are nackered from crawling off my drive daily.... :coffee:

DSC00176.jpg

back

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

front

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

summer wheels, meet winter wheels...

DSC00184.jpg

WINTER MODE!

Thought I'd be a good boy and put my plate back somewhere legal too.. :I

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

and got these little fellas tucked away for a badly needed polishing session! :cheeky:

DSC00197.jpg

Edited by max West-York

• 2 weeks later...

CAR MAYBE GOING UP FOR SALE

Will find out within the next 10 days as I have a surprising turn of events with my financial situation and insurance costs :)

Spec for anyone interested if I do come to sell (provided someone local doesnt take it as I already have people badgering me for it xD)

56k on the clock, will rise as it's daily

2002 1.4S (75bhp)in Reflex Silver

FSH not including this years service as I've done it myself! but does include MOT cert for this year

HPI CLEAR

Tax is due 31st Nov at cost of £125 iirc

Gearbox recon and rebuilt in early this year with 2 years warranty (still has over a years warranty left with cleckheaton gearboxes - WARRANT SLIP OBVIOUSLY INCLUDED IN SALE)

Just been MOTd literally this weekend gone, flew through.

Also been serviced including all new filters, oil change, a new pencil coil (also have a spare included in sale - £20 a piece :o) and new OEM disks and pads

Includes AP coilovers currently fitted to car as well as standard suspension (still in complete working order with all parts)

Will includes Compomotive TH-monos with good 195/45/15 tyres (4-5mm all round)

wheel spec is 15x8 et25 and have been repolished to mirror finish rather than diamond cut, these wheels are spotless and dont have a mark on them.

as well as original 13" steels and spotless trims, set of 5 with good 175/60/13 tyres on

Sale includes full leather interior; ford RS turbo front seats and the rest at GTI spec (speaker mesh on rear door cars) and custom parcel shelf with the dip filled in and trimmed. all leather is BMW red nappa with diagonal stitching and came at great expense and 8 hours worth of driving!

Smoothed front bumper, legal pressed plates, rub strips and badges removed, de-wiper with glass blank and aero wipers up front

paint is very very good with only one mark, being on the bootlid next to the window on the passenger side pillar, only noticeable up close and probably wouldnt bother most people but I like things to be clean :P

Roof lining trimmed in black damask and dash trim painted to match leather

Sale will include uprated door speakers and a 900W sub as well as a Kenwood headunit (will provide details of audio if I come to sell because I cant remember anything about it as its been so long)

Chassis is notched on drivers side and really is a neat job, can provide any photos of anything at request.

oh and camber shims set at maximum 1.5 degrees on the rear

Car is spotless inside and out feels solid as a rock and runs great as its very well looked after and whenever a problem arises its fixed ASAP

Probably forgotten something as this is just a quick list off the top of my head :)

No price as of yet as sale isn't definite.

Cheers :)

EDIT: CLUTCH WAS ALSO DONE AT THE START OF THIS YEAR SO NO WORRIES ABOUT THAT GOING ANYWHERE!

Edited by max West-York

It seriously does not matter what people think about your car mate. I am 37 and drive a seat arosa tdi, and people said what's that. Your car is a really nice example. Looks mint too. Look forward to seeing what goes on next year :)

It seriously does not matter what people think about your car mate. I am 37 and drive a seat arosa tdi, and people said what's that. Your car is a really nice example. Looks mint too. Look forward to seeing what goes on next year :)

Cheers bud ahah, mates always say its a girls car but I couldnt care less its my favorite place to be, just smells of leather and black ice and I fit in the seats perfectly ;D

Just after something with a little more go and that you don't see much of anymore!

Edited by max West-York

• 4 months later...

As some of you know the loop sold back in october, the same week I picked up my 1994 corrado VR6

had a lot of work done through winter including new steering rack, tie rods, new mk5 golf ally sump, few sensors, sparks and HTs, a couple of coolant tubes, replaced ALL fluids cleaned out the rad and converted from G11 to G12 with a new expansion tank, had the chassis notched got hold of some wheels (purely for the stance I'm still not in love with them but they were cheap and money is tight atm!) and then stuck it on its arse - oh and a skid plate too since I've already been through 1 sump...

also had front bumper respray and a bit of rust sorted underneath the spoiler

bonnet washed smoothed and relocated in scuttle and side repeaters smoothed also

anyway heres some pics for those interested!

d903.jpg

d901.jpg

6888802513_4caf6325aa.jpg

I should be at UD next weekend for those going! :)

Thats looks soooooooo nice i would love one after my lupo but i think the insurance would murder me

cheers, yeah insurance isnt great.. :(

I love these! How do you manage with speed bumps?! Haha

No where I ever need to go has speedbumps on the way, and if I ever got to one I think Id have to just turn around, but if it was very important I have some blocks of wood in the boot for when I get stuck :D

Dude that's luuuuurvely :wub:

Thanks man

That car truly is the muts nuts! Stunning car. Would love one!

cheers, I've wanted one ever since I got the loop :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...