clean daily (SOLD) - update with my new VR pg.10

max West-York

Hi,I'm Max, based in Halifax, West Yorkshire and I bought my silver 1.4S lupo in oct of 2010

Its a 2002 with 47k miles, 1 prev owner and FSH

Havent done much to it yet other than the essentials, new bulbs, debadged boot, bit of painting on interior trim, uprated the sound system

Started taking my door bump strips off this morning but only had time to get 1 done and it still needs cleaning as you can see slightly in the pictures

Got a set of staggered 14x8 14x7 RH cups in black on at the moment, 195/45/14s all round, running them through winter and refurbing in spring when ive decided what my colour scheme and/or theme is going to be

Its not on coils yet either but i just got a couple of mates in the back so it isnt on stilts, ill have it about 30-40mm lower than the pics when its on coils cos its going to be my daily and im on the motorway a lot

loop2edit.jpg

loopedit.jpg

-Future plans are, coils obviously,

-Colour coded rear bumper (think im leaving front black as i prefer it black on the lower half)

-Smoothed front plate recess

-Dewipered with glass blank

as well as a load of other various little bits and pieces

Only working part time atm cos of uni so only brining in 130 a week and paying rents back 35 a week so budget isnt the best, but ill get it there by next summer i think

and thats about all ive got at the moment!

Edited by max West-York

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

still doing the little bits and pieces as i dont have the money to make real progress :(

sorry for crap phone cam quality pics

badgeless grille with colour coded notch in for now until i can afford a smoothed bonnet :P

tinted my heads, indicators and side repeaters with lamin-x subtle tint (not as dark as pics in real life)

(12x24" is just enough to do all 6 if anyone is wondering)

notch2.jpg

Cleaned off both door bump strips properly so no messy goo there anymore

notch1.jpg

Stripped all the dash trim out to be sprayed the same reflex silver as the car (currently drying upstairs, going back in tomo morning)heres a pic of all the stuff im doing, plastic primered in pics

primer.jpg

stripped.jpg

trimming headlining in black damass, also doing that tomo

heyroof.jpg

filmed by rears so i have full reds now, bad picture but all i have atm.

redrears.jpg

Thats all so far

Coils are banked for xmas, getting cheap technix because even if they do **** up its as cheap to buy 2 sets of TA as it is to buy once with a decent brand so worst case i dont lose any money anyway but could save £200+ if they last.

Not much else on the cards atm as im skint

Edited by max West-York

just a quick one, realised i never put up pics of dash trim painted

took some pictures this morning but my baby was just hiding in the snow

snow1.jpg

anyway, dash trim ahoy, just used the reflex silver that halfrauds do, pretty good match to say its next to 8 yr old paint! looks like a bad match on pics cos of bad quality and lighting but in real its a good match :)

also vinlyed over the hazard button while i had it out, makes it look cleaner imo

got my radio cubby hole in aswell thanks again to lupoboz

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

dash1.jpg

and a cheeky one from the weekend when my mate had his loop round

'oy sxy' - bad hangover joke, was hilarious at the time ;D

oysxy.jpg

Edited by max West-York

good progress is it difficult removin the trim? also your hazard light needs to flash for your MOT apparently

no worries its only a bit of vinyl and my mot is in august :P

only hard part is popping off the top t section, i thought i was gna break it but it needs a bit of force, everythnig else is easy

i also had to cut all the old pastic welds down/off with a knife so it would go back on again, theres 3 clips on it thatll hold it down so you dont have to worry about it going anywhere

Edited by max West-York

no worries its only a bit of vinyl and my mot is in august :P

only hard part is popping off the top t section, i thought i was gna break it but it needs a bit of force, everythnig else is easy

i also had to cut all the old pastic welds down/off with a knife so it would go back on again, theres 3 clips on it thatll hold it down so you dont have to worry about it going anywhere

yeah was just making you aware if you didnt know new it could be taken off lol, sweet guna get mine done in the new year in anthracite with some laser blue bits aswell

same i think i have a few hundred left to spend on it for this year but need to get my bumpers painted and some dings removed, 2 new tyres and a new wheel bearing lol, am gettin a fair bit of inheritance money next year january or feb and shall be spending atleast 4k on my loop, i want to try and win an award

same i think i have a few hundred left to spend on it for this year but need to get my bumpers painted and some dings removed, 2 new tyres and a new wheel bearing lol, am gettin a fair bit of inheritance money next year january or feb and shall be spending atleast 4k on my loop, i want to try and win an award

wow 4k? what you getting :o

wow 4k? what you getting :o

boot build bbs rms tidy the whole exterior of the car up, then after a year smooth a few bits, couple of engine bits, some new interior bits sterring wheel etc and poss retrim the seats lol

boot build bbs rms tidy the whole exterior of the car up, then after a year smooth a few bits, couple of engine bits, some new interior bits sterring wheel etc and poss retrim the seats lol

ha epic, 4k is how much i paid for my car and insurance for the year!

How you getting away will full red'ing the rears? Isn't that illegal? Don't you need a reverse light :wacko: Looks good though!

no apparently not, you just have to have a working reverse light, im not sure it passes mot with red reverse lights but its not illegal anyway so i can just take them off and reapply after mot :)

Okay so plans are;

Coils are sorted for xmas, gna get some technix so theyll be fitted come new year

Plans in january are;

back bumper full colour code respray (no smoothing)

front bumper reg plate smoothed and resprayed (leaving bottom half black)

putting my standard grille back on and leaving the bonnet (for now anyway ;))

should hopefully be done mid/end of january

ill update when its looking less ugly!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE,

TA Technics are on, bonnet bra to cover my cheap man's notch ;)

and the cups back on

pics!

low5.jpg

low1.jpg

fatass.jpg

frontlow.jpg

i know it can go lower but this is stopping me for the time being :(

SCRAPE.jpg

can only just get on and off my drive at this height so until ive run some tarmac over the cobbles its gonna have sit a bit high!

cars dirty, couldnt clean because the drive would turn into an ice rink ;D

thats all for now :)

Edited by max West-York

• 2 weeks later...

nice!

cheers bro!

on TAs though so my back end is disappointingly higher :(

Dont wanna take out adjusters because the dampers only have an inch of travel at best as it is!

its not unbearably high but id like it lower

backbadge.jpg

cheeky smaller badge aswell, probably not to most peoples taste but i like it :)

its a 75mm passat one

badges.jpg